7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: June 6 Hello from Zhangmu! Finally a report from Harry, about summitday and more  (Read 30439 times)

Rob Krenik

hey, my wife and me have really appreciated all your logs Harry. I am a college friend of John's too.  Congrats on the successful summit and glad you made it down alive.
Welcome home!  Rob Krenik  ;)

Arbu2

Well done Harry on making it up there, and more importantly on somehow surviving having done so. I think reading your report makes it clear that I made the right decision in turning around; I would have had even more touble than you. Incidentally it wasn't an asthmatic problem that I had, but the same cough that I think you had and other people had earlier on. I just kept coughing up all sorts of stuff (stomach lining?) and it was really weakening me, so it was becoming clear with that and the weather that I was never going to make it. And it meant that you guys got to use my three oxygen cyclinders at Camp III, so I hope you're grateful!

Robert

Romke

• The Wireless Biker
  • Administrator
  • Scrambler
  • Altitude: 1
  • Werr's me armchair?
    • All things Romke

I am so glad I read this story only after seeing you for diner, Harry. The course of events on June 2nd and 3rd are as exciting to read as a best selling thriller. I felt so happy to have peeked at the last page and know that you lost a few kilograms, but are back home safe and healthy.

Feelings were mixed when I saw you today, more than 9 weeks after dropping you off at Schiphol airport. First of all I was plain happy to see you back alive, in one piece and with all fingers and toes in place. I expected you to still talk with a cough and a squeak as in the last phone calls, but you sounded amazingly familiar like Harry!

Then some profound anger came up. Anger for getting a good friend worried. It wasn't fun, trying to enjoy a holiday in Spain, squeezing my phone to see if any new message would come out, hoping for good news and fearing for bad. It was a welcome relief, kicking your butt hard, but remember that I intend to kick a lot harder if you ever come up with a similar bad idea.

It's impossible to stay angry though. I had a good laugh about the 'boys kick ass too' banner and the image of you in the Kenny suit. I sure shed a little tear when you gave me your present. Small, but from the one and only top of the world.

But finally, the emotion that will sure last longest, is that of awe. I'm seriously impressed by how you pulled this one off. The whole organization, getting the funds together, throwing yourself into a two month adventure, reaching the summit of the big E and crawling away from it alive. You really deserve an oortje Har!

PeterR

Congrats Harry - and welcome back home - that was a close call.

Goed gedaan jochie  ;)

Paul en Jacqueline

Hoi Harry

Proficiat met je fantastische prestatie!
We hebben met veel ontzag, verbazing en respect je "ijzingwekkende" relaas gevolgd. Petje af!

Succes bij je laatste 7 summit

Paul en Jacqueline
Tilburg

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Re: June 6 Hello from Zhangmu! New pictures added
« Reply #25 on: Jun 22 2005, 18:07 »

Hi all, thank you so much for your support and comments, both on the forum as well as by email. I will miss that the coming months!

I have just added 12 pictures and a one minute summitvideo from the Everest trip, you can see them here in the 7summits.com Everest picture gallery

As always, you can send every picture as an ecard and leave comments on the picture.

We do sell handmade limited edition signed prints of these files (made with pro Digital SLR), contact me if you are interested.

Enjoy!  O0
Harry
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Anthony van Tonder

Well done Harry!

regards,

Anthony
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.