7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trip to Carstensz  (Read 3668 times)

MikeW

• Climber
  • Altitude: 13
  • To be is to climb!
Trip to Carstensz
« on: Aug 2 2005, 00:37 »

Hey Harry!

I was wondering if you're planning to organize a trip to Carstensz soon, because new permits just got possible now. I know that Adventure Consultants and Mountain Madness are organizing trips for August and November of 2005. But the price is ridiculous, it went up from 9000$ to 18000$ for both companies.

I surely would love to climb Carstensz if the price is reasonable.

MikeW

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Re: Trip to Carstensz
« Reply #1 on: Aug 2 2005, 00:48 »

Hey Mikey!

I am just finishing the work on the tripdetails, should be online in a few days; but the prices will be high. This is because of the only route now possible requires quite some helicopter time, which is ridiculously expensive.
I will have the details soon, but probably the expedition will be $12,500... which is the lowest available.

Did you do Vinson yet? There are only a couple of spaces left, about 5-6 on each departure of the remaining 3 trips (first 2 trips are full), see the trips page:
http://7summits.com/vinson/trips.php

Cheers,
Harry
« Last Edit: Aug 2 2005, 02:53 by 7summits »
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

hendra adhittia pratama

« Reply #2 on: Aug 2 2005, 10:49 »

go to caerstenz pyramid,8/08/2005. stekpi jakarta harsha pratala

Roger

• Adventurer
  • Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: Aug 6 2005, 12:57 »

I wish to be blunt.  What a load of nonsense and profiteering by the above mentioned expeditions. 
Gee it doesnt happen to be coincidental/collusion that both companies have exactly the same fees and no doubt more will exploit the perceived difficulties in attaining the Carstensz peak.
I really hope people do not fall for these fees which in turn wil begin to jusify such outrageous fees.
Absolute mountain madness.
Cheers
Roger Sydney Australia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 23 queries.