7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Everest Peace Project summits Kilimanjaro!  (Read 3513 times)

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Everest Peace Project summits Kilimanjaro!
« on: Aug 2 2005, 01:43 »

On July 21st at 8:45 AM African time, The Everest Peace Project Kilimanjaro team successfully summited Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa.

The seven people who made it to the roof of Africa all reached the summit simultaneously, with arms interlocked. Upon reaching the summit the team unfolded the EPP banner and the United Nations flag - a symbol of international community.

The Kilimanjaro Climb for Peace team consists of nine members from 5 different continents - including Benjamin Tanny, a Jewish Rabbi and Ali Bushnaq a Palestinian.

"It's through actions of peace that peace is spread. We hope our Kilimanjaro Climb for Peace will inspire and propel others to similiar actions of peace and teamwork."  says Lance Trumbull, leader and founder of the EPP (http://www.everestpeaceproject.org/).

The team during the Kilimanjaro climb

Lance has just sent us some nice words as we organised the expedition for him:

“7 Summits.com does it again!

I have known Harry for a while now and have used his services on Elbrus and so when I started to plan my Kilimanjaro Climb for Peace trip – I of course, emailed Harry and had him put it all together.
My climb was unique in that I had a team of people from various faiths and cultures spread out across 5 different continents and so having a professional company like 7 Summits.com not only helped me logistically but it gave me peace of mind knowing that Harry was there to take care of things in a professional and organized manner. Everything went perfectly and we all had an incredible experience!

I could have tracked down a local African outfitter myself – spent the extra time and money in doing the research…but why?! For Harry’s price is actually cheaper than going directly through the source!
In fact, since the people at the African hotel/agency all knew Harry so well, they gave me an extra discount on certain things just because I was going through 7summits.com! And so the moral of the story: book through 7summits.com, save money and time – and oh yeah, have an amazing experience as well!

Thanks Lance!
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 22 queries.