7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Air Fare Pricing - Canada to Kilimanjaro  (Read 7071 times)

regaz

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
Air Fare Pricing - Canada to Kilimanjaro
« on: Oct 24 2004, 01:02 »

Hi there,
I've been trying to get some decent pricing for air fare from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada to Kilimanjaro. We expect to have about six people for the climb in July, 2005. All other team members will be flying out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I've looked at flying to the international airport at Kilimanjaro or flying to Nairobi and getting a short hop over to the Kili airport.

I have received price quotes ranging between $6,000 and $9,000(US) for a round trip. This seems awfully high and I was wondering if anybody could advise me where I can get decent airfare rates?
I'd appreciate any info or suggestions.
Thanks,
Regaz

--------------
Just wanted clear up the price. The $6,000 quote I received was per person. I found that to be outrageously expensive.
« Last Edit: Oct 26 2004, 19:02 by regaz »

Buddha

• Climber
  • Altitude: 17
Re: Air Fare Pricing - Canada to Kilimanjaro
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24 2004, 16:53 »

Well, for 6 people I don't think $6000 (US) is too much for a round-trip. After all it's just $1000 per person.

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24 2004, 17:21 »

I agree with Buddha, Even from this side of the Atlantic (Amsterdam) you can spend that on tickets to Kili easily.

And people still complain our trips are expensive while the tickets are normally way more than our climbing prices  ;)

See also this FAQ about flying to Nairobi vs Kili.
Last but not least, changing your itinerary, so extending or moving it by one or 2 days might save you a lot. It migh be much cheaper to spend one more day in a hotel after the climb as you might get much cheaper tickets...
 O0
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

MikeW

• Climber
  • Altitude: 13
  • To be is to climb!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25 2004, 18:32 »

Hi Regaz!

I flew from Montreal to Nairobi int'l airport in June 2003 to climb Kili and it cost me 2200$ CAN. To fly to Kili int'l airport was even more expensive around 2500$ CAN. But it was definitely worth it.

MikeW

Maurice Adshead

« Reply #4 on: Oct 28 2004, 20:45 »

Hi, A good price is achievable with a package - Zoom Air (www.flyzoom.com) to London for about CAD700 each and then Muir's Tours <www.nkf-mt.org.uk> can arrange the flight from London to Kilimanjaro or Nairobi for about CAD1500, a total of CAD2200 pp.

Happy hiking

David

« Reply #5 on: Sep 27 2005, 00:09 »

KLM Flies direct to Kilimanjaro. I found that flying via Johannesburg to Dar Es Salaam was cheaper and the connections more convenient.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 23 queries.