7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Article in Dutch Panorama Magazine this week about Harry on Everest  (Read 36555 times)

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages

For all you readers living in the Netherlands, in this week's Panorama magazine is a 5 page article about my summit on Everest and the dramatic events surrounding it. It is in Dutch so some of you might want to buy it for the pictures only
 ;)

(click for an enlargement).

I wrote the story, though the titles on top of the article and on the cover of the magazine were added afterwards, they are not my style... 
::)

The story is a shortened version of my diaries as they have appeared on this forum, if you have read the magazine and want the full story, please read all these posts.
The magazine is in the stores until the 31st, so get it while you can and let me know what you thought of it here. You can see a picture (small as well as enlarged) of the cover of the magazine and my unedited 1 minute summit movie on their website.

Cheers,
Harry  8)
« Last Edit: Aug 28 2005, 22:50 by 7summits »
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Sidney

Hehehe, nooit gedacht dat ik nog eens een Panorama zou kopen!

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
    • The 7 summits pages

Well, if you have not bought it yet, you missed it as the new edition is in the shops from tomorrow.
For those still interested, here is the full article, catch!
 8)
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: 50
  • Dream it, envision it and then live it.

Harry

It looks like a great article!  Even though I don't read Dutch...I loved the pics.  Well done.  So what's next?  Maybe National Geographic?  The sky is the limit!

Continued success in all your endeavors.

Cheers!
mc
"I go to the mountains for there I find higher ground." m.c. reinhardt

Frans

Hallo Harry,

loved to read the article and watch the great pictures. A question: what camera did you use ? No problems with batteries/cold temperatures ?

thx,Frans

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
    • The 7 summits pages

Thanks MC, good to have you back.
Yes, Nat Geo si my next aim, very hard to get in though.

Frans, I always use SLR's (mirror reflex) with interchangeable lenses. Everybody thinks I am crazy, but I keep on lugging the heavy stuff up the mountains   :P

(and yes, I carried these myself, I have never given any lenses or cameras to a sherpa or teammember to carry on Everest, even though Lorenzo insisted when I was feeling bad..)

This was the first time I used digital, I brought the Canon Eos 20D, 8.2mp. Pics on teh summit were taken with a 15-30mm Sigma lens, I also brought a back-up slide body (old Eos 500n) which I actually used up there with a fixed 50mm lens.
I brought a tripod and a pro 70-200L IS lens until ABC.

I had 3 batteries, constantly charged and kept them always in my innerpocket when climbing, to keep them warm.

Summitvideo was shot on a Panasonic NV-200 videocamera, I carried that one as well.

Now Canon, are you not sorry for not sponsoring me  ::)

aita

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
  • I am too lazy to change this text!

hello sir/harry,

what a wonderful pics,they are so beautiful. i likes the pics so much.thanks

aita singh lama
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 23 queries.