7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mentor Wanted  (Read 3755 times)

alakso

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 3
Mentor Wanted
« on: Dec 14 2005, 04:14 »

Greetings, my name is alakso, and I'm from the Penobscot Indian Nation in Maine, USA. I'm 47, a former Marine, and I love the Mountains. I'm new to Mountaineering and would like to find an experienced Mountaineer for a Mentor to help me along the way with advice on Gear, places to climb, and their experiences. My goal/dream is to climb out west and then climb Denali.

Woliwon (thanks in Penobscot)...alakso

Roger

• Adventurer
  • Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Adventurer
Re: Mentor Wanted
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14 2005, 05:03 »

Hi Alakso
You will find many people here who are willing to give you tips and advice on gear and anything related to mountaineering.
I asked and continue to ask questions myself as I continue to learn as there is so much to learn!
Just ask away.
All the best
Roger

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: 50
  • Dream it, envision it and then live it.
Re: Mentor Wanted
« Reply #2 on: Mar 5 2006, 10:33 »

Greetings, my name is alakso, and I'm from the Penobscot Indian Nation in Maine, USA. I'm 47, a former Marine, and I love the Mountains. I'm new to Mountaineering and would like to find an experienced Mountaineer for a Mentor to help me along the way with advice on Gear, places to climb, and their experiences. My goal/dream is to climb out west and then climb Denali.

Woliwon (thanks in Penobscot)...alakso

Hi alakso

I noticed several of your posts on this forum and in response to the above quote regarding your goal/dream, I thought I would extend this offer.
I live in Vancouver, Wash. USA.  There are many nice mountains over 11,000 ft. in this area.  If you get some mountaineering experience behind you and would like to make your way to the "great" northwest, I would be happy to climb with you, some of the beautiful snow capped peaks that are just a few hours from my home.  I am very close to Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams, Mt. Jefferson and Mt. Rainier (14,410 ft.).  Mt. St. Helens is also a nice hike but not as high due to the top blowing off in 1980!  I am also fairly close to the Olympic Mountain Range which is more remote and pristine but it is not easily accessible.  (Although my long term plan is to spend some quality time there and climb some of the peaks in this Range, starting with Mt. Olympus.)  I hope you will be able to find a climbing partner or two.  I am sure as you progress in your mountaineering you will be able to pursue your dream of climbing mountains out west and also the majestic Denali.  Check out this link for expeditions to Denali.   Good luck with your goal/dream.

MC    :)
« Last Edit: Jul 20 2006, 11:47 by mc »
"I go to the mountains for there I find higher ground." m.c. reinhardt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.