7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Researching Kilimanjaro Outfitters  (Read 25219 times)

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Re: Researching Kilimanjaro Outfitters
« Reply #20 on: Feb 2 2006, 16:42 »

Good work Mike! So what is next?...

Maybe not all forum visitor know this but this site & forum is owned by 7summits.com, organiser of Expeditions, including Kilimanjaro (see http://7summits.com/kilimanjaro/trips.php )

To end the discussion about Kilimanjaro outfitters, I would like to share the comment I received yesterday from the leader of a group for whom I designed a trip. This process sometimes takes over a year so I can make sure that the clients get the best trip possible and all wishes are fulfilled, while being flexible and staying open to changes.
Starting out with a few persons, the group grew until they had 13 persons wanting to have a good time in Tanzania.

This is the comment I received after the trip from the trip leader/main contact:
(thanks Judy, it had been a pleasure working with you.)
---------------------------------------------------------

Hi Harry,

We had a marvelous time, from start to finish. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I am currently in Mali, visiting my daughter Neda; so I am working on a French keyboard, and I hope this email goes out.

I felt that we received over-the-top service for the price we paid. The safari was excellent: the drivers Gordie and Thomas were wonderful and the food and lodging were fantastic. The Springlands was absolutely delightful; the staff were great and so was the food.

More importantly, the climb was an incredible experience, and we definitely feel that we owe our success to your Lead Guide Bruce and his right-hand man, Faraja. All of the porters were very friendly and hard-working, and the assistant guides John, Hamisi, Deo, qnd Seefa were very attentive in their professionalism, patience and expertise. They personally encouraged each one of us to reach the summit, and we were all happy afterwards that we did.

Kilimanjaro is a beautiful peak! We are so glad to have had the opportunity to visit.

If I could make one suggestion, it would be to request that more effort be made by every team to pick up more of the trash on the mountain.

Thanks for a wonderful trip; I will definitely be recommending your service to my friends and acquaintances.

Sincerely,

Judy Scavone

Judith Scavone and group, 13 persons, Kilimanjaro and safari, 2006
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that says it all  8)
Other comments about the 7summits.com Kilimanjaro and other expeditions can be found here:
http://7summits.com/expeditions.php#clientcomments
« Last Edit: Feb 2 2006, 16:49 by 7summits »
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

MikeW

• Climber
  • Altitude: 13
  • To be is to climb!
« Reply #21 on: Feb 2 2006, 20:55 »

I've used the services of 7summits.com and Harry for my trips on Elbrus and Aconcagua with amazing results. The companies he works with are really good and professionnal. I wished I had used his services on Kili, it would have saved me a couple of thousands of dollars  :'(.

Harry, I think my next plan is Cartsensz in October 06 or Denali in June 07, or maybe both  ;D.

MikeW

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: 50
  • Dream it, envision it and then live it.
« Reply #22 on: Feb 3 2006, 00:43 »

To all

I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.  Regarding the selection of an outfitter or adventure group, it is obviously an individual decision that takes serious research.  I have always done my own planning for any travel or adventure trips.  (that is part of the enjoyment for me.)  But I feel it is smart to use an outfitter when planning a climb of serious altitude, depending on your level of experience.  My tentative plan is to climb Kili in 2007.  (not yet sure which season.)  I will choose 7 summits because:  (1)  From all the info I have read and heard personally, Harry puts together a GREAT package designed for custom and individual needs.  (2) The price is right!!!  And (3) this web-site is phenomenal!  It allows us to share information and ideas.  There seems to be a nice camaraderie with the members and guests.  And it has brought me back to climbing and the desire to climb high mountains.
I know this site takes TIME and MONEY to run.  Just look at the 7summit.com stat list that Harry keeps current. (with bio's and photos!)  It is nice to be able to show my appreciation and sign up for a 7 summits.com trip.  Again, this is just my 2 cents worth!
MC    :D
« Last Edit: Jul 22 2006, 05:04 by mc »
"I go to the mountains for there I find higher ground." m.c. reinhardt

MoT

• Climber
  • Altitude: 8
    • TightropeNET
« Reply #23 on: Feb 3 2006, 19:00 »

Just look at the 7 summit's stat list that Harry keeps current.  http://7summits.com/info/7stats/statistics_all_basic.php  (with bio's and photos!)

Not THAT current - he hasn't included himself yet!  >:D Or Clare O'Leary for that matter...  ;)

( pokes Harry with a stick then runs away! Muahahahahaaaaaa!  ;D )

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #24 on: Feb 4 2006, 21:52 »

Not THAT current - he hasn't included himself yet!  >:D Or Clare O'Leary for that matter...  ;)

( pokes Harry with a stick then runs away! Muahahahahaaaaaa!  ;D )

:eek) MoT!!!!! Come here and I will give you a friendly poke with an ice axe  :?) ;D
Damn those islanders  ;)

Tell Clare to send me her details! I have asked her in person in Punta Arenas and have taken her picture, but need the dates etc....

And MC, thanks much for your comments. I try to make my business a bit different than a regular service.. Looking forward to setting up a Kili trip for you. By the way, Lorenzo says hi (we did a presentation together in Italy yesterday night, I am with him noow) and thanks for the lovely xmas card!

I think he wants to say more, but not in public   ;D
Cheers,
Harry
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

MoT

• Climber
  • Altitude: 8
    • TightropeNET
« Reply #25 on: Feb 4 2006, 22:17 »

:eek) MoT!!!!! Come here and I will give you a friendly poke with an ice axe   :?)  ;D
Damn those islanders   ;)

Nope - had a tooth knocked broken by an ice axe once! Not much fun  :'(

Heh heh heh!

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: 50
  • Dream it, envision it and then live it.
« Reply #26 on: Feb 5 2006, 08:48 »

By the way, Lorenzo says hi (we did a presentation together in Italy yesterday night, I am with him noow) and thanks for the lovely xmas card!

Harry

Please send my regards to Lorenzo and also a big "abbraccio".  I'm looking forward to following his Everest climb with Alex this April.
Hopefully you had time to do some hiking in Lorenzo's back yard...the mountains north of Poggi.  He had said the two of you might do some "fun" hiking in the Maritime Alps.

Cheers!
MC
"I go to the mountains for there I find higher ground." m.c. reinhardt

jedi-knight

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 1
« Reply #27 on: Feb 5 2006, 17:27 »

To all

I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.  Regarding the selection of an outfitter or adventure group, it is obviously an individual decision that takes serious research.  I have always done my own planning for any travel or adventure trips.  (that is part of the enjoyment for me.)  But I feel it is smart to use an outfitter when planning a climb of serious altitude.  My tentative plan is to climb Kili in 2007.  (not yet sure which season.)  I will choose 7 summits because:  (1)  From all the info I have read and heard personally, Harry puts together a GREAT package designed for custom and individual needs.  (2) The price is right!!!  And (3) this web-site is phenomenal!  It allows us to share information and ideas.  There seems to be a nice camaraderie with the members and guests.  And it has brought me back to climbing and the desire to climb high mountains.
I know this site takes TIME and MONEY to run.  Just look at the 7 summit's stat list that Harry keeps current.  http://7summits.com/info/7stats/statistics_all_basic.php  (with bio's and photos!)
It is nice to be able to show my appreciation and sign up for a 7 summit's trip.  Again, this is just my 2 cents worth!
MC    :D

hey MC,

i agree with you. i have not found an outfitter that can customise for you easily. i base this on my research for Kili, Elbrus and Aconcagua. for Kili (Zara Travel) and Elbrus (Pilgrim Tours), i think its safer to book via 7summits. my take on this is that i dont think Zara and Pilgrim would want to mess up trips by 7summits. i mean.....thats a lot of bad publicity, considering the readership of this site.

another 2 cents worth.....so make that 4 cents... O0

cheers,
jk
Do or Do Not...There is No Try!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 23 queries.