7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abramov/Kikstra's commercial outfit for Everest 2006  (Read 3807 times)

Roger

• Adventurer
  • Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Adventurer

Hey Harry
You get a mention from mounteverest.net

Everest 2006: Adventurous, unguided, guided and...peaceful?

One of the surprises is Abramov/Kikstra's commercial outfit - 20 clients! Abramov has made a name for himself over the past few years with his colorful tales, and new partner Harry proved the same talent last year. Seems climbers like the adventure that inevitably follows the duo's free-spirited style

20 clients, you guys are going to be busy. Hope your getting your O2 from the right source :))

Cheers
Roger

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Re: Abramov/Kikstra's commercial outfit for Everest 2006
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23 2006, 16:06 »

Haha, thanks for that, Roger. We wil do our best.
Teams are still being updated, we are actually closer to 25 at the moment, including some special clients, will send out details later..

And yes, unlike some other (big!) companies, we get our oxygen directly from the Poisk factory. No refills, but new bottles.  8)

By the way, Alex & I are finally on the list!

Cheers,
Harry
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: 50
  • Dream it, envision it and then live it.
Re: Abramov/Kikstra's commercial outfit for Everest 2006
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24 2006, 00:05 »

By the way, Alex & I are finally on the list!

Hey Harry

Love it!!!  It is really nice to read the bios for Alex and for you.  Very impressive and very inspirational.
The idea of climbing the 7 summits is enticing...but for me the cost factor looms heavy.  I keep thinking of the investments I would be able to make with the total cost of all "7".  (I always look at the big picture.)  But climbing Everest seems possible and with the package that you and Alex put together...it is the BEST price out there.  And I feel that the experience and knowledge you both bring to the table is a perfect combination.  Maybe one day I too will be able to stand on the roof top of the world!
Good luck on this years expedition.  I wish everyone on the team a safe and eventful journey!

MC      :D
"I go to the mountains for there I find higher ground." m.c. reinhardt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 23 queries.