7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lincoln alive?  (Read 30239 times)

Mountain John

• Mountain Climber
  • Climber
  • Altitude: 2
  • Live your Passion
Lincoln alive?
« on: May 26 2006, 12:38 »

Let's wait for confirmation, but we might have wonderful awesome news!!!

Lincoln might be alive.

http://www.mounteverest.net/news.php?id=3301
Not a perfect person, but a true person.

Mountain John

• Mountain Climber
  • Climber
  • Live your Passion
Re: Lincoln Alive!
« Reply #1 on: May 26 2006, 13:32 »

By the way, I am familar with the source, Jamie McGuinness.  I met him last year.  Actually, we talked about rescues last year, and he was the only one that told me they are possible.  I showed him a copy of my special Everest rescue insurance that Alex insisted I purchase.  :)  and I told him to keep that in mind!!!  (if something happens later, and he is in the area)  as he told me he has carried a climber off a mountain before (different mountain  - and the climber was dead).

He is a well-respected guide on Everest, and is part of the Peace Project this year.

The story is on his website as well.  So we are looking good.

John

smrtnupp

• Lee
  • Scrambler
  • Altitude: 5
  • Buddy jumps over mountains!!!
Re: Lincoln alive?
« Reply #2 on: May 26 2006, 14:27 »

Everest news and Sight on Everest appear to be down, do you have the article?
"You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him to find it within himself." -- Galileo

Mountain John

• Mountain Climber
  • Climber
  • Live your Passion
« Reply #3 on: May 26 2006, 14:39 »

Let me look for Jamie's website again.

Mountain John

• Mountain Climber
  • Climber
  • Live your Passion
« Reply #4 on: May 26 2006, 15:28 »

Well, again, let's wait for confirmation, but we can hope just the same.

AGAIN, ALL, LET'S WAIT FOR CONFIRMATION.  I AM JUST REPORTING WHAT WAS REPORTED ON MOUNTEVEREST.NET AND THAT WEBSITE IS DOWN RIGHT NOW.  Ideally, we will hear from Alex, Harry, Lorenzo, or Noel.  I am following all their websites, plus Jamie's.

Reported on MountEverest.net was:
2 Sherpas were with Lincoln, and were carrying him down.  they got down to the second step.  then they all ran out of oxygen, so Alex ordered them to return themselves before they die.  the Sherpas were getting weak and getting snow blindness.

The next day, a member was making a summit attempt, and found Lincoln alive
they radioed for help, gave him tea and oxygen, then went onto the summit.
Alex ordered 12 (i think) Sherpas up the mountain to assist in a rescue.
Alex ordered 20 oxygen bottles up the mountain
A second call came in and they had reached the first step.

that is all i remember.  John

boonah

« Reply #5 on: May 26 2006, 15:45 »

DXCP Website

Lincoln Hall is still alive
Yesterday (25th May) he and two Sherpas were returning from the summit when suddenly Lincoln lost energy and became weak just above the third step at 8700m, initially coherant he quickly developed cerebral edema and began to hallucinate and refused to move down the rope. As the afternoon wore on his two Sherpas gradually moved him to the second step. But at 7pm in darkness their oxygen supplies exhausted and the Sherpas developing snow blindness they were ordered by the expedition leader Alex Abramov to leave and save their own lives. A wise move as they had done all they could.
They returned to camp 3 at 8200m at 9pm Nepal time. The two Sherpas were totally exhausted and had to be assisted down the mountain by their friends today (26th May).

This morning Dan Mazur on a summit push discovered the still alive Lincoln Hall at the second step and gave him hot tea and oxygen and he was able to use the radio to call his expedition. Dan with one client continued to the summit....

Alex Abramov immediately dispatched a team of 12 Sherpas (not sure if from ABC or North Col) to re-ascend with fresh oxygen and stretcher. Alex has sent up a further 20 bottles of oxygen of his own.
The DCXP/Project Himalaya team summited on the 25th at 7:30am while Lincoln summited at 9am behind our team. The DCXP team is exhausted but returning to ABC (Advanced Base Camp). They are all in good health and expect to all be down safe later today.
The stretcher and five bottles of oxygen has been supplied by our team to the efforts and we are sending all our sherpa and climber who can stand back to the north col, so far Jamie McGuinness who has already rescued one man from 8845m this season is the only man able to move back up the hill from our team of 14 westerners & 12 Climbing sherpa.

Fresh radio call: 11:30 AM Nepal Time Lincoln is down to the first step with the Russian Sherpa team assisting him, it is very difficult going but with every step down he gains strength and a chance to live, this is perhaps the most dramatic rescue on the mountain.
Jamie is heading up to the North Col now and we are all hoping Lincoln Hall gets down OK. Good luck Lincoln.
will keep you posted as it happens

Mountain John

• Mountain Climber
  • Climber
  • Live your Passion
CONFIRMATION: LINCOLN IS ALIVE!
« Reply #6 on: May 26 2006, 17:16 »

Alex confirms Lincoln is alive and rescue is still underway.
This is incredible news!!!  John

From Alex Abramov website:

NEWS ABOUT LINCOLN HALL, HE SURVIVED THE NIGHT !

The information was transferred at 10:51 Moscow time.

News about Lincoln Hall.
May, 25 at 19:20 Sherpas have stopped the rescue operation proceeding more of 9 hours at height about 8700 meters. They have verified the fact of death of Lincoln Hall, on the basis of that from 17:00 till 19:20 he did not submit any attributes of life. Five Sherpas, completely exhausted, have gone down in darkness in camp 8300.

In the morning May, 26 at 7 in the morning, Dan Mazur, which was climbing with group of clients, has informed, he is near Lincoln Hall. Lincoln was motionless, but submitted weak attributes of life. Immediately 13 Sherpas, spending night on North Col (7000 meters) were sent for realization of rescue operations on height of 8700 meters. The same task was put to five Sherpas which stay in camp 8300 . Unfortunately, two of them have lost sight yesterday and required help. Thus, approximately by 11 a.m. three Sherpas with tea, oxygen and medicines have reached Lincoln. After plentiful drink and reception of medicines, Lincoln started to talk, though speech of him was untied and he could not move independently . Not waiting arrival of the basic group, three Sherpas have started to move him on a crest. Now they could move him on 50 meters on a difficult rocky site. Now the second group of eight Sherpas with all necessary came for help. If weather will allow, rescue operations will proceed all night. Thank for the help and support to Dan Mazur, Russell Brice and Jamie MacGinnes.

Max Bouev

« Reply #7 on: May 26 2006, 18:30 »

Lincoln, the man, is safely down to 8300!!!

Alex Abramov writes:

http://www.7summits-club.com/index.php3?id=27&idi=124&action=showfull

Arnout

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 4
  • Friend
« Reply #8 on: May 26 2006, 19:05 »

smrtnupp

• Lee
  • Scrambler
« Reply #9 on: May 26 2006, 19:44 »

THIS IS WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!

A MIRACLE ON THE MOUNTAIN, we really needed to hear this.
"You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him to find it within himself." -- Galileo

smrtnupp

• Lee
  • Scrambler
« Reply #10 on: May 26 2006, 20:25 »

Wow even the Peace Project site is down.....

Max Bouev

Lincoln alive? OH YEAH!!
« Reply #11 on: May 26 2006, 22:05 »

Lincoln is safely back to the North Col camp at 7000masl! He descended part of the way himself. He apparetnly has sufefred from cerebral edema and also from frostbites (2-3 degree). The Russian expedition medic Selivanov is cautiously optimistic about Lincoln's recovery.

So far in Russian, from Abramov:
http://www.7summits.ru/index.php3?id=14&idi=174&action=showfull

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: 50
  • Dream it, envision it and then live it.
Re: Lincoln alive and at North Col (7000m)
« Reply #12 on: May 26 2006, 22:21 »

« Last Edit: May 26 2006, 22:23 by mc »
"I go to the mountains for there I find higher ground." m.c. reinhardt

Smrtnupp (Lee)

« Reply #13 on: May 26 2006, 22:46 »

WOOOOO HOOOOOO  CHEERS AND HORAYS, Looks like Lincoln will be ok, safe and in good hands......

WTG CLIMBERS, JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!

Everestnews.net has been updated

Cas

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 1
  • I don't know how to change it !!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 26 2006, 22:51 »

Hope all this news is correct this time around. If in fact it is and Lincoln will survive this ordeal,it will be the happiest story of everest 2006 for me.

Lincoln I'm crossing my fingers till i know you are safe and sound

HooRoo

Cas

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
Re: Lincoln alive - at the North Col (7000m)
« Reply #15 on: May 26 2006, 23:09 »

Hope all this news is correct this time around. If in fact it is and Lincoln will survive this ordeal, it will be the happiest story of everest 2006 for me.

Lincoln I'm crossing my fingers till i know you are safe and sound.

My expressions exactly.

MC

Mountain John

• Mountain Climber
  • Climber
  • Live your Passion
« Reply #16 on: May 26 2006, 23:27 »

I am confident the story is true.

Actually, the other story is true in factual content of events that happened, but God must have decided that he had things for Lincoln to do down here.

For atheists like Jamie McGuinness, hey, you were part of a miracle, whether you like it or not!   Or, I guess you'd prefer to say the Sherpas just misread the diagnosis!

This is awesome!  John

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
Re: Lincoln alive - at the North Col (7000m)
« Reply #17 on: May 26 2006, 23:47 »

Cas

This time, the facts are coming straight from Alex so I believe all that we are now reading is correct.  I just hope that Lincoln will recover well after this incredible ordeal he has been through.  What a testament to one's will to live!  Wishing Lincoln a full recovery.  This is a brilliant rescue effort by Dan Mazur, his fellow climbers and the Sherpas who have risked their lives to save Lincoln.  It is wonderful news after such a tragic Everest season.  Though many climbers fulfilled their dream to summit Everest, there were sadly, too many deaths.

MC
« Last Edit: Jun 9 2006, 11:52 by mc »

The Big Girl

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 0
  • I am too lazy to change this text!
Re: Lincoln alive? the story goes on .....
« Reply #18 on: May 27 2006, 00:47 »

Hello All its the big girl here I am just updating ..

I spoke with Noel and Lorenzo today to tell them of the news they where completely
speechless ...I hope to tell them more good news regarding Lincoln ...all of  us   are hoping
and praying for him tonite
I cannot imagnine how his family and friends must be feeling maybe this will be
   "THE STORY OF EVEREST  2006 "

ps Noel and Lorenzo have arrived safely in New Tingri the ride is on !!!!

talk to you all soon

tata

Lynne

Mountain John

• Mountain Climber
  • Climber
  • Live your Passion
« Reply #19 on: May 27 2006, 03:31 »

Yes, I agree this is the Everest story of the year, arguable maybe the decade.  It was 10 years ago that Beck Weathers was left for dead high on Everest, and then survived.  Harry knows Beck, in fact, and Beck has a book out.  Let's just hope Lincoln continues to heal.

Plus, it is nice to see the teamwork among expeditions.  It was last year, when we had that outside meeting by the Brice camp, then the follow up meeting in the 7summits tent, that the healing began from the previous year, and Alex, Jamie, Russell, Jon (Norway) and others all really tried to work as one.   John

Quote:
It's not the first time a climber is pronounced dead on the mountain but survives; in 1996 Beck Weathers was half-buried in snow for 14 hours at 8200 meters, Canadian climber Stuart Hutchison found what seemed like Weathers' lifeless body, assumed he had died with team mate Yasuko Namba, whose body lay nearby, and he left him for dead. Severely frostbitten, and nearly blind Beck woke up somehow and started walking down by himself and ended up being saved.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 23 queries.