7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thomas Weber Condolency thread  (Read 15999 times)

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Thomas Weber Condolency thread
« on: May 28 2006, 01:54 »

Condolences to the family of friends of Thomas

Thanks for Arnout for pointing out that some condolences here are getting buried in side threads. The emotional complication is also that there is so much relief and happiness for Lincoln's miraculous rescue (and my return) along with sorrow for Thomas.
This thread is dedicated to Thomas and is for the friends and followers of Thomas who have something to say. It sounds like there are many more people out there who knew Thomas personally. I can only imagine what the family is going through at this time. 
Perhaps if you have words to add, it will help them cope and understand now or at some point in the future. I trust that this thread will be treated respectfully
My condolences to the family for losing a determined family member, who was not afraid to chase his dreams and wanted to inspire others.

Sincerely,

Harry Kikstra
« Last Edit: May 28 2006, 12:08 by erikv »
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: 50
  • Dream it, envision it and then live it.
Re: Thomas Weber Condolency thread
« Reply #1 on: May 28 2006, 02:49 »

To the friends and family of Thomas

I have tears in my eyes as I write this.  I did not know Thomas but he somehow touched my life as I followed his climb of Everest.  I know this was a dream that Thomas wanted to accomplish for several reasons.  I am so very sorry for your loss.  My heart goes out to all of you.

Sincerely,
MC
"I go to the mountains for there I find higher ground." m.c. reinhardt

Arnout

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 4
  • Friend
« Reply #2 on: May 28 2006, 03:48 »

To the family and friends of Thomas,

I never knew the man. He has my full respect and is in my thoughts. I will make a donation to the SightsOnEverest foundation in his name and honor. Condolence to all those who knew him.

Sincerely, Arnout

Kiyoko

« Reply #3 on: May 28 2006, 06:31 »

Harry,

Thank you very much for guiding and taking care of Thomas.
I was shocked and sad to know what happened.
We'd been chat friends for 3 years.
We share both good and bad times on-line.
When I was hospitalized, he ordered flowers to be delivered
to the hospital in Osaka.
He was really nice guy.
I still cannot believe.
When I heard about the expedition, I remembered about Naomi
Uemura, famous japanese climber and told him the story.
Thomas asked me if I think that he would die.
I said I wouldn't but it's always better to be careful.
I rather didn't want him to go but it was his dream.
and maybe he thought there might not be another chance.
He was ok when he'd been to Antarctica, I thought.
Now I think nobody couldn't stop him, and he is content that
he could challenge it.
I appreciate your support to him.
God save Thomas and rest his soul

Kiyoko

Mountain John

• Mountain Climber
  • Climber
  • Altitude: 2
  • Live your Passion
« Reply #4 on: May 28 2006, 06:57 »

To the friends and family of Thomas:

I did not know Thomas personally, but felt like I knew him, through Harry, as I followed his progress climbing Everest.

Last year, I climbed Everest with Harry (summitted less than 2 hours apart), so I knew exactly what Thomas and Harry were going through.

I have the utmost respect for Thomas going after his dream of climbing Everest.

For me, when I climbed, I knew the risk, and decided to climb Everest anyway, because that is my passion.  My motto is "Live your Passion" and Thomas lived his passion.

Mountain John
Not a perfect person, but a true person.

earth-walker

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 8
« Reply #5 on: May 28 2006, 09:25 »

Peace & Love.

Rest in Peace.

Bill Tyler

« Reply #6 on: May 28 2006, 11:11 »

For the family and friends of Thomas,
My wife and I climbed with Thomas on the expedition this year. Thomas was a special guy and we had fun joking around and the usual political conversation that would take place during breakfast and dinner. We shall miss him for the rest of our days and remember his smile.

He was a good man.

Bill and Barbi Tyler

alanya-grace

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
  • I am too lazy to change this text!
« Reply #7 on: May 29 2006, 13:58 »

For the Family of Thomas

I knew Thomas in a loving relationship, he touched my life in a remarkable way.  He always beleived in living life to the fullest, pushing our boundaries and developing ourselves physically, mentally and spiritually.  He gave me the strength to battle ME and now to return to Oxford University in October.  He achieved great things but never forgot the fundamental role played by his family.

I will miss Thomas for the rest of my life, but will employ his ethos in continuing my charity work and setting up a clinic for others suffering from my condition.  I will always seek to develop my boundaries as Thomas strived for, and know that one day my soul shall be reunited with his.

I shall never stop loving him.

Alanya - Grace Hill

Neil Tovey

« Reply #8 on: May 29 2006, 14:39 »

I worked with Thomas here in the UAE and was monitoring his progress throughout.

I still find it hard to believe the news!

I wish all of his family and his friends my heartfelt condolences.

Galina

« Reply #9 on: May 29 2006, 15:09 »

I can't accept and I'm shocked by the news. I loved Thomas and it hurts so much. He was my wonderful, beloved friend. I wanted to tell him so many things. I still can't believe it and it moves bitter tears in my eyes and can' stop crying. My condolences to his close relatives.

Nishat Syed

« Reply #10 on: May 29 2006, 15:30 »

Thomas was a great person to work with and to be with. We will miss Thomas. My condolences to his family, relatives and friends.

JuergenK

« Reply #11 on: May 30 2006, 11:57 »

as a citizen of thomas weber`s homearea i want to condolence his family, friends
and partners.

not every dream comes true, but - you did it your way !

sincerely
juergen

Saad

« Reply #12 on: May 30 2006, 16:07 »

Thomas,

You are still with us here in the company. We shall never forget you and plz be assured that we will strive to carry on your vision at Al Bateen Investment Company. You gave and did so much for the company that we are now eager to carry on your work. May your soul rest in peace. We all miss your presence.

Branko Collin

« Reply #13 on: May 30 2006, 20:24 »

My condolences to Thomas' family and friends. I hope you can find some solace in the fact that he died chasing a dream, and doing what he enjoyed doing.

Frode

• Armchair...
« Reply #14 on: Jun 4 2006, 05:23 »

I had just returned home to Norway when I read about Thomas' death. Even that we know about the dangers of climbing Everest, I admit this was a shock to me. I remember the last time I saw Thomas in ABC two weeks ago, and he was laughing and joking. I did not get to know Thomas that well, but he seemed like a very nice guy. My thoughts go to his family and friends and I give you my condolences.

Frode (Norway)

Kieferle_Partner

• Armchair...
« Reply #15 on: Jun 6 2006, 20:01 »

We knew Thomas Weber for the short time of about a year,
but it was long enough to remember him as a remarkable Person.

Our condolences go to his family and friends.
We will keep him in honorable memory.

May his soul rest in peace.

Kieferle & Partner

sevgistanbul

• Armchair...
« Reply #16 on: Jun 11 2006, 10:42 »

I am deeply sad to learn about Thomas's death. He liked to surprise people often and he did so with his death, too. When I first met him in Istanbul, I thought that he was an amazing person and he did not prove that wrong at any time of our friendship.It would take pages to tell about the good old memories we had in Istanbul, a city that he loved a lot.
I will always be indebted to him for his constant support at times of difficulty and challenge, his encouragement on goals that would seem improbable to many others and his willingness to listen and share his experiences.
I was really anxious when we went to Antarctica, but after learning about his survival abilities, I had little doubt that he'd come back safe.My biggest consolation is to know that it was his passion to climb and experience the feeling on the peak.
I extend my condolances to his brother, parents and his friends all over the world.
May God rest you in peace Thomas!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 23 queries.