7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seven Summits in 172 days speed record - Indian Malli Mastan Babu  (Read 8591 times)

Cy Kaicener

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • I am too lazy too change this text!

Indian Malli Mastan Babu claims a Guiness world record for doing the Seven Summits in 172 days, both versions in 281 days
http://mounteverest.net/news.php?news=15267
« Last Edit: Nov 9 2006, 22:54 by Cy Kaicener »

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: 50
  • Dream it, envision it and then live it.

Great story...I love that he summited the 7 on different days of the week with both Koscuiszko and Carstensz Pyramid on a Saturday! Now there's a unique record! Very inspirational man, Malli Mastan Babu.
MC  :)

Hey Harry, spell check does not accept Carstensz but it does accept Koscuiszko. Does this mean that Koscuiszko is the true 7th summit? Sooooo kidding!!! ::)  ;)
"I go to the mountains for there I find higher ground." m.c. reinhardt

MikeW

• Climber
  • Altitude: 13
  • To be is to climb!

Hi Guys!

I climbed Vinson with Malli last year. Kind of a quiet person, not that inspirational. Very impressive that a person not that experienced (didn't know his knots, walk with crampons or use his ice axe, didn't want to wear his glacier glasses until he got yelled at by the guide (he could have gone snow blind)) was able to achieve that feat.

MikeW

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: 50
  • Dream it, envision it and then live it.

Hey Mike!

That is very interesting about Malli. Hopefully, through his experience climbing the 7 summits, he has gained some wisdom. He is still inspirational to me though. For Malli to read about "The Dream" on MountEverest.net and then do what he did is quite astounding!

MC   :)

Btw, Mike, you have climbed with some interesting people. Danielle Fisher, Vern Tejas, Malli Mastan Babu and probably others. From what I've read, Vern is a fascinating person and an amazing climber!
"I go to the mountains for there I find higher ground." m.c. reinhardt

MikeW

• Climber
  • Altitude: 13
  • To be is to climb!

Hi mc!

Vern is quite a character. I have never seen a person that fit in my life and he is getting close to 50. But most of all, he is a good teacher in the mountains. He takes the time with everybody in the group to properly explain what you need to know to be safe up high.

He brought his guitar in camp 2 on Vinson and we had some interesting music sessions. People like to climb with him and he always leads a Denali climb after Everest in June, and the one he leads in June 07 is already full!!

MikeW
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 23 queries.