7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Introduction of Bruce Matthews, our new Everest reporter :)  (Read 3265 times)

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages

Hi all, it is almost Everest season. I will not be there to help Alex this year, but he is a big boy now ;-)
One of the climbers in the 7summits team is Bruce and he will be sending updates about the team to 7summits.com. His first is his introduction:

“Last year, around this time, I registered on the Forum. I did this to follow the progress of a very good friend and fellow adventurer, Ronnie Muhl. Ronnie will be back this year to finish off what he started last year!

I had no idea that I would be going to Everest to join Alexander Abramov on his North Col Programme this year!  I embarked on an Alpine course with the New Zealand Alpine Club and trained and recently completed IronMan NZ…I am sure I am now well equipped for my personal summit!

With the assistance of Harry, we have created a forum within 7Summits where I will write reports from the mountain on my exploits as well as those of the other team members. It is my intention to write these as a journal and to bring in as much human interest as I can and with their support, I hope to give insights on all of the members.

There are many who will never experience Everest, base camp or advanced base camp and I will endeavour to report on daily existence at these camps and turn the mundane into something more exciting!

I look forward to your input and any comments you may wish to make…and if there is anything in particular you wish to know regarding life in camp, I will attempt to answer your queries.

Bruce Matthews”
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Martin Baker

• Apprentice Runner!
  • Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
  • Good luck and be sensible!

Bruce
just a quick test to check that it is all working and to let you know I am ready to track your progress!

Martin (Bryan)

Milan

• Buckle up baby, it's a bumpy ride
  • Hiker
  • Altitude: 1
    • dutch picture industry (filmcompany)

Hi Bruce,

all the best with your climb up the NC and hope to see some fantastic reports from your hand. This year I will even take the laptop with me to bed :-).
Gave a hug to Alex and Ronnie.

Regards Milan
follow me..... or show me the way

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 23 queries.