7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: May 18th: Bill Tyler: happy at camp 2, 7700m  (Read 4691 times)

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
May 18th: Bill Tyler: happy at camp 2, 7700m
« on: May 18 2007, 21:07 »

Hope these are getting annoying but i wanted you all to have as much info as i do during bills summit push! He called me this morning around 630am, they were just getting ready to go to sleep. He made it to a new high for himself! Yippee! 7700 meters! WOW. It took him 4 hours to get there, apparently they climbed through a pretty heavy snow storm...but the weather still looks good for summit day. He climbed on oxygen which helped. When he called me he said he had been off the oxygen for a few hours and was feeling good. He is going to sleep on oxygen and then tommrrow they will head up to camp 3! (they go for summit from camp 3! 8300meters) He said he will call me when he wakes up....(this afternoon for us)

I will keep you updated!

Thanks for all your support for him....(and me)

Barbi !!!
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: 50
  • Dream it, envision it and then live it.
Re: May 18th: Bill Tyler: happy at camp 2, 7700m
« Reply #1 on: May 19 2007, 05:01 »

Barbi

Annoying? Absolute NOT!!! I followed Bill via Harry's blogs last year and felt bad that he didn't get to make a real summit attempt. I am following closely this year and sending Bill and the team positive thoughts for a successful and safe climb. Fingers crossed! Thanks for posting to help keep us informed along with Harry's posts from Alex & Lyudmila. I am excited for Bill! Congrats to him on a new personal high altitude record!

Cheers,
MC  :)
« Last Edit: May 19 2007, 05:11 by mc »
"I go to the mountains for there I find higher ground." m.c. reinhardt

Milan

• Buckle up baby, it's a bumpy ride
  • Hiker
  • Altitude: 1
    • dutch picture industry (filmcompany)
Re: May 18th: Bill Tyler: happy at camp 2, 7700m
« Reply #2 on: May 19 2007, 14:28 »

WOW, super Bill is going up :-). I am so happy for him and for you Barbi that everything is going fine. He climbed in four hours so that is a good sign. Now lets hope for the best summit day and a beautiful experience so he can bring home those nice pcitures and a big smile.

Go on Bill, it is your day today.

All the best and climb safe.

Milan
follow me..... or show me the way

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.