7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Everest PEace Project DVD narrated by Orlando Bloom, now available  (Read 14887 times)

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages

Just came in from my friend Lance:

"We are very proud to announce that Everest: A Climb for Peace is now available for purchase!

Narrated by Orlando Bloom and hailed as a "tremendous achievement" by the Dalai Lama. Everest: A Climb for Peace is not just a typical Everest film, but a socially relevant documentary about peace, war, and the human spirit - an inspirational film, which also has some of the most incredible Everest footage ever shot, including a dramatic rescue from near the summit of Everest.

Filmed on location in Nepal, Tibet, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, U.A.E, and the United States, the film chronicles the spectacular journey of 9 'peace climbers' from different faiths and cultures as they climb to the summit of the tallest mountain in the world. The focus is on Palestinian Ali Bushnaq and Israeli's Dudu Yifrah and Micha Yaniv. They come together and set aside their differences to forge a path of teamwork and cooperation to attempt to summit the world’s highest peak. This however, is easier said than done. Their nations have been embroiled in a brutal war for years; each believes they are on the right side of that war and each knows that on Everest the cooperation of your teammate is a matter of life and death.

From left to right:
Lisa Tauscher (Co-Producer), Lance Trumbull (Director, Producer)
Orlando Bloom (Narrator), Billy Marchese (Editor, Producer).

Credits:
Narrated by: Orlando Bloom
A Lance Trumbull Film
Directed by: Lance Trumbull
Produced by: Billy Marchese and Lance Trumbull
Executive Producer: David M. Call
Co-Produced by: Lisa Tauscher and Laticia Headings
Cinematography: Brad Clement
Edited by: Billy Marchese
Written by: Jill Sharer
Original Score: James T. Sale
A Dezart Cinematic and Everest Peace Project Production "
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages

Just before taking off for Argentina, I saw the movie and was quite impressed.

Many Everest movies are just about some guys climbing a mountain and holding a shaky camera part of the way up..
This movie is different as it has a much more important story behind it. I know Lance since several years, he was a client for Elbrus (organised while he was travelling, it was a miracle we could organise it all!). After that we kept in touch and about the same time I was thinking about some special Everest expedition, he told me about his plans.

We spoke several times on the phone about it, about the hurdles, about the difficulties of an expedition, about getting the right teammembers, sponsors etc. Lance was determined, but also anxious about the whole thing. I was the original 'atheist climber' of the team and my image has been on the website for a while, but I had to cancel when an upfront payment was required without any guarantee of the expedition going ahead.

Still I kept supporting him and I gave a lot of free publicity on 7summits.com in the form of postings and banners. Later I organised the Kilimanjaro expedition for the team, which was a great warming up. Though several people told me that Lance would never get this thing rolling in reality, he pushed trough and after years of sponsor-chasing he managed to pull it off, which is an enormous accomplishment in itself, even before one foot was set on Everest.

Now, the movie is out and I recommend you see it.
Most of you will know the story of the multi-religion climb for peace, but the movie focuses on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Not just on the mountain on a micro scale as is obvious between the climbers Ali, Dudu and Micha, but it starts -and ends- with a broader view about the situation.

Combined with some breathtaking shots, this friction, which has not been made nicer than it is, lifts this movie above others. Lance did not climb above North Col himself but is clearly visible as the heart of the expedition and we feel his emotions through the screen.
The rest of the team is pushed to the background with the notable exception of Selebelo Selamolela, whose close-call rescue was big news in ABC at the time though it was totally ignored by the writing 'press'. It adds a lot of drama and a different form of reality.

Buy the film online here:
http://everestpeaceproject.org/dvd_ordering_landing.html
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 22 queries.