7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Supplements to help you get to Summit?  (Read 6060 times)

waXology

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
Supplements to help you get to Summit?
« on: Sep 15 2008, 12:31 »

Hi Guys,

Well i'm a newbie on these forums and certainly don't have much mountaineering expierience.  I'm close to booking Kili with 7summits for next year!

Anyway for almost a year now i've been following everything to do with mountaineering, reading as many books as i can get and watching as many series', documentries etc.

I'd like to hear your thoughts about supplements to help you get to the summit of say Everest.  I know water intake is essential (and also difficult high up)  and i know the use of gels is also used but do people use energy supplements that you mix with water?

For instance i use one called superPUMP250 before i go to the gym and basically it's like i've had quite a few redbuls. Keeps me alert and helps me push harder...  So i was thinking if i ever did a 8000+ peak would this be useable? I mean your still getting your water intake + the energy right?

The only downside i could think of was when it wore off you may crash. But from using it for a while now i haven't experienced this.. anyway keen to hear your thoughts.

My main concern if i ever climb one of these 8000+ peaks is my mental state and this scares me.

Cheers
Cam
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries.