7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CARSTENSZ PYRAMID: warning Franky Kowaas or Bob Sumoked  (Read 6198 times)

HilHar

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0

CARSTENSZ PYRAMID

Last spring we were left on our own at Carstensz base camp. The tour organiser Franky Kowaas (or Kowas) promised to take us back to Timika. Instead we were abandoned and stayed for 3 days and nights at Zebra Wall without food nor fire. The mine security officers could not assist us either, they summoned us to go back by food to Ilaga (5 day walk, no food, no guide, thus no option).
Eventually we were very very lucky to find our way back through the mine to Timika.
At the airport police questioned us for the whole day. They knew Franky Kowaas \ Kowas as "no good" and "he's talking flowers". After being 'released' by the police they brought us to the Mine Security. The manager told us another party of climbers was for 5 days in their custody for trespassing. Some members of this party had used Franky Kowaas before and failed to enter the area at all.
The police knows about all of this but is not taking any legal steps.

Actually the Bob Sumoked wo wrote in this topic above guided us on this trip from Timika to Ilaga. In Ilaga he told us he changed his plans in the morning he couldn't guide us, had to go back and went off!

So i want to warn everybody for 'guides' and because of my own experiences especially
MANADO ADVENTURE
Jln. Stadion Klabat Utara Ranotana No. 77
Manado - 95116, INDONESIA
Phone Number: +62 431 850 363
Fax Number: +62 431 823 256

Contact Person Phone eMail
Franky Kowaas +6281340008185 info@manadoadventure.com
and guides operating for him like Bob Sumoked from his organisation CLIMB CARSTENSZ PYRAMID stationed at Jayapura.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 23 queries.