7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for partners for Aconcagua late fall/winter/early spring 2009 ascent  (Read 23144 times)

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages

Whatever you do, be safe and good luck. let us know how it went and do not uderestimate those final 3000 certical meters!  8)
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Mike1

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 0

Harry, I just did Tolosa (5432m) a month ago, solo & Santa Elena (5200m) as a warmup.  I plan on sleeping at that level to acclimate for the next 2 weeks. I am currently camping out at 3300m until it's time to go up.  If you guys want to share a mule, it is available on the 15th of November. 

LATEST UPDATE: I have spoken to a park ranger yesterday and it is now a clear path to either Plaza de Mulas & Plaza Argentina.  The snow is gone, it is close to 30c at Las Cuevas, Puente de Inca, Puenta de Vaca, & it is VERY windy, with VERY dry conditions.  My phone number is here.  I can be reached by phone in Las Cuevas.  I am either going on a technical route OR normal if I am going solo.  Just be prepared for winds and snow at the summit.  BRING CRAMPONS & ICE AXES EVEN ON THE NORMAL ROUTE!!! 
« Last Edit: Nov 1 2009, 23:43 by Mike1 »

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages

Though not 100% confirmed, it seems that Mike1 is the nickname of the climber who died on Aconcagua early December.

Please read the message from his girlfriend on this thread:
http://7summits.com/forum/index.php/topic,1637.msg6356.html#msg6356

Below that message are messgaes from MOT and myself with links pointing to further information.

Our condolences to the friends and family of the deceased climber.
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.