7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Long time no see :)  (Read 6744 times)

Mari

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 39
  • Am I supposed to write something here? :)
Long time no see :)
« on: Jul 6 2009, 02:59 »

Hello everyone!

It's been forever since I last visited this forum...but now I'm back. On the 18th of June I managed to walk to the summit of Mera Peak and set a new personal altitude record of 6654 meters (the previous one was less than 2500m). And the best thing is that I felt great the whole time...slept well, ate well, no headaches, no stomach problems  8)

Since it was my first trip to the Himalayas, I decided to start with the non-technical Mera Peak just to see how my body would react to the altitude. Everything went remarkably well, so next I think I'm gonna try a low 7-thousander that's not too technical (like Baruntse etc.) hopefully in the spring/summer 2010. Looking for climbing partners...anyone interested?

On the summit of Mera Peak with my mascot, a doll of the great Finnish climber Veikka Gustafsson  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 6 2009, 03:03 by Mari »
Altitude record 6654m. Next summer (2011) will try to up that to 7546m..

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Re: Long time no see :)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10 2009, 09:08 »

Hey Mari!

welcome back and congratulations on your record! That is quite high, beating 5 of the 7 summits in altitude  8)
If you keep on beating your personal record like this then next step is everest  :D

You might want to join our Everest North Col climb, which is 7000m. a few or our clinmers that did that have summited Everest with us a few years later...

Cheers,
harry
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Mari

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 39
  • Am I supposed to write something here? :)
Re: Long time no see :)
« Reply #2 on: Jul 17 2009, 18:47 »

I'd love to do the Everest North Col climb next...but there's just one big problem: money (or the lack of it, actually). I can only work weekends because I'm studying :-\

But if I can find enough money, I'll be in touch. I still want to be the first Finnish woman on Everest ;D

Altitude record 6654m. Next summer (2011) will try to up that to 7546m..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.