7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Denali may or june 2012  (Read 6603 times)

Jose

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 1
Denali may or june 2012
« on: Jun 1 2011, 00:35 »

Next year I wont to climb Denali without agency by Western Butress and I┤m looking for partners. So You are invited to join in!!!
Someone did this 2010 or 2011, to have a idea of costs for this expedition from Anchorage to Anchorage including entrance fees, food, accomodation at Anchorage and Talkeetna, flight to BC, VAN transfer to Talkeetna, rent of special equipment like sleights, ski and others like rope, radio (personal things I have of my own)?
Thank┤s JosÚ

MoT

• Climber
  • Altitude: 8
    • TightropeNET
Re: Denali may or june 2012
« Reply #1 on: Jul 1 2011, 03:14 »

I was there in 2009, in May. We used Talkeetna Air Taxis - they provide a bunkhouse for sleeping (basic but warm) and a sled and flights to/from the mountain for around 575 dollars per person. They weigh your gear, I think.
Permits have gone up since then, I think so check with Park Rangers.
We used a shuttle bus called GoPurple Shuttles to bring us from Anchorage to Talkeetna and back. It's a bit pricier than getting a bus or train but they'll pick you up wherever you are and will even stop while you do your shopping on the way. If you get Gary, he might even take you on a 'moose tour'. I can't remember exactly what it cost but it wasn't horrendous.

I think we did the whole trip for less than 1600 dollars (land costs only and food etc) but I can't recall exact numbers.

You'll also need to factor in any new gear you buy/need as well as marker wands, snow stakes, shovels, snow shoe or ski rental if you need it, etc.

Tom

Jose

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 1
Re: Denali may or june 2012
« Reply #2 on: Jul 17 2011, 20:29 »

Thank You very much, Tom.
JosÚ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.