7 summits and other mountain stuff > Polls

Denali can only be guided by certified Denali guides, do you agree?

<< < (2/3) > >>

trunl:
i mentioned that to show that if europe has tried to limit the guides on their mountains and it failed, then why should ours work? shouldnt we take example from many of the european countries? YES!

7summits:
Yes, I agree with you both. Guess what happens if the Nepalese and Chinese government would do the same and not allow any US guides on Everest? I guess quite a few US companies would be out of business soon (and prices would drop considerably).

Somehow Denali park seems like private property, it's amazing the amount of influence the rangesrs have if you compare it with other mountains.

Climbing should be free. That does not mean not paying any fees if they are used to keep the mountain clean, but less restrictions and including freedom to choose your own guide.

trunl:
i agree. if U.S. guiding companies were restricted from Asia, then the U.S. climbing economy would die out (for the most part).

GMatthews:
OK I will tell you guys the answer.
The NPS (National Park Service) wants 6 American guiding companies to be successful and all the rest to not be basically. (They have the same system on Rainier)
I do not agree with this system because I am Canadian so I will never have the chance to guide on Denali.
I think they need to have a point system of some sorts to let anyone experienced enough to guide there. Not this BS they have right now. For Example any person that has climbed it 10 times should be aloud to guide on it.

jedi-knight:

--- Quote from: GMatthews on Aug 12 2006, 14:48 ---OK I will tell you guys the answer.
The NPS (National Park Service) wants 6 American guiding companies to be successful and all the rest to not be basically. (They have the same system on Rainier)
I do not agree with this system because I am Canadian so I will never have the chance to guide on Denali.
I think they need to have a point system of some sorts to let anyone experienced enough to guide there. Not this BS they have right now. For Example any person that has climbed it 10 times should be aloud to guide on it.

--- End quote ---

Interesting pics there.....
Just wondering.....what happened to the 4 climbers still on the mountain?  :D
Gee....Foraker seems tougher.....28 finished the climb and none summitted??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version