7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should 7summiteers climb 8 summits just to be sure?  (Read 15592 times)

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages

This is a poll about the classic 7th summit issue:
Possible answers:
-  No, stick to your opinion and climb the 7th you think is right
- Yes, if you want to be sure you are on all lists
- 8 summits? Huh?
- Don't know
- Don't care

As you know there are 2 lists of summiteers: with Carstensz Pyramid and with Kosciuszko. So, on what list should you be? Both? Or stick to a principle choice?

Looking forward to seeing your votes and comments here!
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Matt B

Re:Should 7summiteers climb 8 summits just to be sure?
« Reply #1 on: May 29 2003, 11:44 »

The 7th summit has to be Carstensz.  Because the World's 7 "continents" are the political continents which divide every piece of land on the planet into seven groups.  If we were to talk about continent in the alternative geographic sense as large contigous land masses and ignore the man-made cannels there are only 4 continents - EuroAfroAsia, The Americas, Antractica and Australia.  Also in that definition the rest of the world (islands) are not part of any continent.

Ron

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: -1
  • Adapt,improvise and overcome!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 26 2003, 12:54 »

well i always liked to visit Australia anyway so a bike up that hill there .....why not ;D

trunl

« Reply #3 on: Oct 8 2003, 19:57 »

there are actually seven continents and i say you climb 8 (with kos. and carst.) so you get on the lists of the people who dont recognize that there are actually SEVEN continents. Also, if you want to group a continent by a land mass then it would still NOT be the americas, it would be NORTH AMERICA and SOUTH AMERICA!  THEY ARE SEPARATED BY THE PANAMA CANAL! the ocean flows and meets in between the TWO continents!

Ron

• Mountaineer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12 2003, 12:40 »

witch is man made ::)

trunl

« Reply #5 on: Oct 13 2003, 02:00 »

so that does not mean it does not exist, if you dont recognize man-made structures as existing, then you do not recognize half the lakes in america or any building

pureclimber

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26 2004, 23:03 »

there are actually seven continents and i say you climb 8 (with kos. and carst.) so you get on the lists of the people who dont recognize that there are actually SEVEN continents.

I submit the hypothesis that you are not climbing for yourself but for other people... you do it in the hope of being thought of as 'cool'. Pathetic, don't you think?

trunl

« Reply #7 on: Jan 28 2004, 09:40 »

no, not really. its just that that is the topic of this poll. where do u get ur interpretations?

Ron

• Mountaineer
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28 2004, 13:39 »

you wonder after your posts were interpretations come from ???

trunl

« Reply #9 on: Jan 29 2004, 07:58 »

yes. the topic is "Should 7summiteers climb 8 summits just to be sure?" and my answer is yes, to get on all the lists. if the topic was "do you climb for your own pleasure or for the fame?" then i would say for my own pleasure, but its not. end of topic.

Ron

• Mountaineer
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29 2004, 13:20 »

A typical load of HorseMrHanky...you can't say that b/c you never climbed yet and i doubt you ever will...if so then deduction from your other posts makes it easy to conclude that you (would) climb for "appriciation" as motivation.
« Last Edit: Jan 29 2004, 13:22 by Ron »

Tomasz

« Reply #11 on: Jan 29 2004, 19:55 »

I think this entire question is pretty foolish.
You climb for your own satisfaction. If in your mind 7 summits include Kosciuszko in Australia then that's what you do, and if you are happy with it, who cares what other people have done or say.

trunl

« Reply #12 on: Feb 10 2004, 06:45 »

because of unfair administrators your post got to stay and mine did not. i reacted in anger. but now that i have cooled down, i am ready to reply to your post without anger. firstly, i should rephrase my last post to say: when i do climb. secondly, please dont use cussing. it degrades us as humans. and lastly: i will climb. i alreadly have plans to do kili, elbrus, and mt. whitney (highest mountain in U.S. outside of Alaska).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 23 queries.