7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7Summits-Deluxe  (Read 11760 times)

NilZ

7Summits-Deluxe
« on: Nov 28 2003, 23:34 »

Hey! i just though of a higher standard doing the 7 summits: how about taking the most difficult routes up to the summit and not the easiest or main-routes (like the marangu-route on kilimanjaro) ?
let's call it "7Summits-Deluxe"

trunl

Re:7Summits-Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29 2003, 05:20 »

the problem is nobody will agree on the most difficult route, or people might disagree the most difficult route would be a new one that hasnt been found yet.

NilZ

7Summits-Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30 2003, 17:42 »

okay, okay,

so just let the "7summits-Deluxe"-version be that you climb to the summit NOT on the easiest or common-route.
I know that not thousands of climbers shout "Great!" because they are not able to do another route than the highway up to the everest or the lovely walkway on top of aconcagua...  ;)

trunl

« Reply #3 on: Dec 2 2003, 08:44 »

there are some summits that people would not agree on the most common route. you need to find something not based on opinion like climbing to the summit in a day or less on a speed ascent.

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14 2003, 02:41 »

Hi Guys,
I agree with Trunl here, there is no way you can determine the easiest or most difficult route, very likely that latter one has not even been opened yet!
See also this FAQ about climbing the 2nd highest points for more thoughts about what to clim and ask yourself why you are climbing as well!

::) ;) 8)

Keep climbing,
best regards,

Harry
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

trunl

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15 2003, 07:37 »

why do u want to do something special with 7 summits, nilz?

Ron

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: -1
  • Adapt,improvise and overcome!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15 2003, 16:28 »

I think its always a challange to do what no man has done before...problem is nowedays that everything has been done allready.....and things that are not done yet are not interesting mostly

trunl

« Reply #7 on: Dec 18 2003, 07:39 »

totally untrue, there are many interesting things left to do that have not been done before. although some may seem inpossible. a little more than 50 years ago, people thought it was impossible to get to the highest summit, but now there are hundreds of tents lined up at base camp every year. i have my goal that i regard as interesting that has still not been done.

Ron

• Mountaineer
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18 2003, 22:43 »

hahaha  oke as long it is interesting for yourself....then who cares.
Only your own motivation counts..not what others expect or find interesting

trunl

« Reply #9 on: Dec 19 2003, 23:42 »

again untrue, u need it to be interesting for others also, so u can get sponsor money and earn the respect of others.

Ron

• Mountaineer
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20 2003, 01:11 »

If you climb to gain respect from others you climb for the wrong reasons. You should be on that mountain b/c YOU want to..not b/c it is expected from you or to get respect....you dont need that kinda respect..at least i dont. If someone does not value for what you are then why bother.

Trust me on this  Ive been there when i was young.....and dont say everything is untrue..... ;) or do you poses all wisdom in the universe ???...lol

trunl

« Reply #11 on: Jan 1 2004, 13:36 »

gaining the respect of others is a nice extra though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries.