7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time for Everest...  (Read 4065 times)

canadianman

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
  • They call me Bruce!
Time for Everest...
« on: Feb 5 2004, 09:47 »

I was wondering when the climbing season for Mt. Everest begins.
1. Im interested in following the groups on their way to the top. How could I or what website can I use on a daily basis to track the groups?
2. In a few years, Im planning on trekking to Basecamp, and wonder if anyone has done it, has advice etc... I ve heard that you are not allowed to stay at base camp when climbers are there, and Ive heard you are? What the answer? Obviously I would like to be there when in season, but wouldnt have to be in the same camp, maybe a little ways away.
3. Are there any ways that someone like myself can be involved in a role of a group, enroute to base camp..or is this a silly question.
Hope all or anyone can help. Thanks Jason
                                         in Canada

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Re:Time for Everest...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 5 2004, 16:20 »

Hey Canadianman,
1: The best site for that is http://www.mounteverest.net they have the best and quickest reports. Used to be everestnews.com, but ME.net is much better.
2: there is a lot of info about the trek itself on this site maybe you can contact them? I think that most climbers in BC love any thing ourt of the ordinary as most of them are quite bored...
3: just check out companies that organise treks and write to them, can never hurt!
« Last Edit: Feb 5 2004, 21:36 by 7summits »
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

trunl

Re:Time for Everest...
« Reply #2 on: Feb 9 2004, 05:02 »

i asked the question to everestnews.com, and found u can stay there in climbing season even if u are a non-climber.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 23 queries.