7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New forum, spot the differences ;-)  (Read 4912 times)

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
New forum, spot the differences ;-)
« on: Feb 23 2004, 08:03 »

Well, it took quite a few hours to update our forum from 1.1 to 1.3 to 1.4 to 1.55 last week, but I think I finished it  :P

This is all in preparation for an even large update in a few months, but already there are some changes:
- it's fast! The old forum was very slow, this one is lightning fast; if it's slow, than it must be your isp  8)
- a calendar is added, see your forum menu on the top left hand side. You can post stuff on the calendar, b-days are on there etc. Enjoy!
- every registered member can start a poll, enter your own question and possible answers, if its good we will add it to the polls found on the homepage and poll-list.
- some small changes: better readability/colours; number of new Instant messages on top of the forum; Online/Offline status in every message; go down/up button on boards and messages and some more minor functional and cosmetic stuff...

Even though I think I did not lose any of the messages when upgrading and moving dbases, it very likely contains some bugs so please let me know if you find any or if you like the new version (if you notice any difference at all  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 23 2004, 08:12 by 7summits »
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Ron

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: -1
  • Adapt,improvise and overcome!
Re:New forum, spot the differences ;-)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25 2004, 03:25 »

It's way faster...gj m8 :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 22 queries.