7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kilimanjaro, Marangu 3feb 2004  (Read 7320 times)

kilimanjaro

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
  • I'm a llama!
Kilimanjaro, Marangu 3feb 2004
« on: Mar 1 2004, 22:12 »

Just got back from climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro's Marangu route for the third time.My guide James Minja and I left  Kibo at 11:00am feb 3.Climb to Gillmans during a snow storm.Reached Gillmans at 7:00am and  summited Uhuru peak 10:00am on feb. 4.Many climbers turned back during the 5 days I was on Kilimanjaro,and i understand that due to the heavy rain there where many problems on other routes,ie Machame and Shira. Very happy again with 7summits.com partner Zara Tanzaian Advetures and there fantastic Hotel Springlands. Read my book "Sons of Kilimanjaro" about 4 men that climb the Marangu route.
« Last Edit: Apr 14 2004, 15:47 by 7summits »

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Re:Kilimanjaro, Marangu 3feb 2003
« Reply #1 on: Mar 1 2004, 22:27 »

Congrats on your summit succes. Please post some pictures if you can would be interesting to see all the snow on Kili.

All our 7summits.com Kilimanjaro and safari trips are being handled through our partner Zara as we know that they take great care of our clients.

8)
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Ramon

Re: Kilimanjaro, Marangu 3feb 2004
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13 2004, 01:22 »

Just got back from climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro's Marangu route for the third time.My guide James Minja and I left  Kibo at 11:00am feb 3.Climb to Gillmans during a snow storm.Reached Gillmans at 7:00am and  summited Uhuru peak 10:00am on feb. 4.Many climbers turned back during the 5 days I was on Kilimanjaro,and i understand that due to the heavy rain there where many problems on other routes,ie Machame and Shira. Very happy again with 7summits.com partner Zara Tanzaian Advetures and there fantastic Hotel Springlands. Read my book "Sons of Kilimanjaro" about 4 men that climb the Marangu route.

I am going to climb the Kili in November 2004. Have you been there in November. It is supposed to be the short rain period. How was the weather when you were there?? Can you sent some photo's???

Ramon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.