7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbees  (Read 6115 times)

Ben

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
  • Pil Sung
Newbees
« on: Mar 4 2004, 02:43 »

Ok this is a bit of a crazzy idea that I came up with and am atempting to pull off and would be verry intrested in all your comments good, bad and indifrent so pleas pleas pleas reply to this post.  I stay in Aberdeen Scotland and Aberdeen has 5 twin citys;

Regensburg - Germany
Clermont-Ferrand - France
Bulawayo - Zimbabwe
Stranger - Norway
Gomel - Belarus

I want to take to peopl aged about 17 from Aberdeen and each of the twinned citys to make a group of 12 and then head out and atempt each of the 7 summits over the next 14 years.  Am I a doomed to fail dreamer or a initive young explorer with grand ideas.  Any for of reply to this will be greatly apreshiated as would any advise, hints and tips that you may be willing to part with chears.  I am some what dyslexic so should apologise for the spelling through out this post.

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Re:Newbees
« Reply #1 on: Mar 4 2004, 03:19 »

Hey Ben,

welcome to the 7summits forum!

First of all a quote for you:
All men dream, but unequally. Those that dream at night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake the next day to find that their dreams were just vanity. But those who dream during the day with their eyes wide open are dangerous men; they act out their dreams to make them reality." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

8)

I think it's a cool idea, but ofcourse money is always a problem.
Maybe you can start by climbing the highest peaks in the 5 countries you mentioned (+Scotland ofcourse). That should get you some sponsoring from the mayors of all cities? If you have proved yourself, you can go farther and go for the big 7...

Keep us posted, good luck.
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Ben

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
  • Pil Sung
Re:Newbees
« Reply #2 on: Mar 4 2004, 05:13 »

Never thought about doing the climbs in each of the twind citys countrys.  Sounds like a great idea for rasing awarnes, sponsership and pulling the group of 12 togeather befor tackaling the ever so slightly more techinica climbs.  Thanks for the info and cool quote  :)

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Happy Birthday
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30 2004, 14:29 »

Hi Ben, just noticed on the calendar that you are getting much older today, have a good one!  O0
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 22 queries.