7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP with preapration of fool!  (Read 3560 times)

Michelle

HELP with preapration of fool!
« on: Apr 9 2004, 19:41 »

Hey

I know this might sound really stupid, but I'm in high school and need to do a project on preparation of food for Kilimanjaro.  I'm struggling so much and i really need to know what exactly it is that you eat on the summit from a day to day basis????  I also need to know how you'd prepare itand how to package it!  I'm really lost here and SERIOUSLY need some help.

Please Reply

Michelle

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Re: HELP with preapration of fool!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13 2004, 00:35 »

Hey Michelle,
welcome on the board. If you sign up as a member you can receive notifications of answers to your posts!

Anyway, see the FAQ about what is included in our Kili trips for typical meals.
The porters carry all the food, sometimes/on some routes we have porters carrying in extra food halfway (they can use the Umbwe route to deliver food to Barranco camp on the Machame route.)
After each day you will be served popcorn, biscuits and tea as an appetizer before the meal. The meal themselves are mostly some combination of rice/pasta/potatoes with vegetables, meat etc. For brakfast it is usually eggs, bread, peanut butter, jelly , tea and much more :-)
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.