7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dutch Wilco van Rooijen (Ron's Teammate) Summited Everest, too bad for parapente  (Read 6060 times)

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages

From Netherland BC!

"Ok guys i have good news 10 o'clock everest time Wilco van Rooijen (36) summited Everest. He was accompanied by Dawa Sherpa and 4 members of other expeditions. The weather was very bad. Certainly no chance for a safe flight down. He called us after returning past the second step. It was very cold and windy and a lot of clouds. He waited that long to find a sheltered place to make a safe phonecall.

They both are on their way to camp 3."

Wilco was the leader of the Dutch No Oxygen Parapente team: Wilco, Rex, Ron and Sherpas Dawa and Prem. They all climbed without oxygen and Wilco was planning to parapente down.

Rex gave up earlier during the summit attempt as his frostbitten fingers were feeling bad, he is now on his way to camp 3 as well.

Ron who gave up a few days ago, will be waiting for them.
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Andreas

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: -3

Anyone who know any news about the norwegian catfight about beeing the first norwegian woman on Everest? Where can I find out?
"I never drink water, that is the stuff that rusts pipes"

W. S. Fields

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
    • The 7 summits pages

Hey Andreas,

There is a preliminary Everest 2004 list compiled by our colleagues of Adventurestats:
http://www.adventurestats.com/tables/draft/2004summiters.htm

But it's a few days behind.
I guess the Norwegian newspapers will be the first to publish?
Do you know the names and websites of the ladies? Tell us more about the catfight  ;D
If you have any news, you can also publish it on the forum yourself.

By the way, didn't you mean Shishapangma? I know there are 2 Norwegian females up there currently.

7summits
« Last Edit: May 20 2004, 18:39 by 7summits »
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Andreas

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: -3

Cecilie Skog www.cecilieskog.com (only norwegian) and Randi Skaug http://www.skaug.cc/everest2004/ (possible reading in english) are the webpages. Randi Skaug (44) writes that she looked at a framatic fall of a dutc man, probarbly Ron.
There is a journalist strike in  norway for the time beeing, but it will of probarbly be announced in tv or radio. ::)

There are two norwegian male (not female ;D) trying to open a new route on Shisa Pagangma. Theyre names are Rolf Bae (29) (known for the longest unsupported ski-trip across Antarctis and summiting Cho Oyu together wit Cecilie Skog (29)) and Trym Atle Sæland (28)
« Last Edit: May 20 2004, 19:18 by Andreas »
"I never drink water, that is the stuff that rusts pipes"

W. S. Fields

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
    • The 7 summits pages

Ah that's right, Rolf is Cecilie's boyfriend, that got me confused, sorry bout that  :P

Keep us posted about the catfight (with pics please  8))

richard roodenburg

Namaste Wilco

Vanuit een tropisch Gabon feliciteer ik je met het behalen van deze geweldige prestatie!!

Groet,

Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 22 queries.