7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Website, Kilimanjaro and sponsorship thoughts  (Read 44682 times)

Tasty

Re: New Website
« Reply #20 on: Sep 9 2004, 01:28 »

Trunl,
    Let's see where to start.... I have been thinking about your ambitions for a couple of weeks now and haven't really known where to start.  I think the above all message is that I applaud you for your ambition at such a young and early age.  If you need one things for your plan to succeed you will need that.  Furthermore, you need vision.  You need to look at yourself as a whole package (at least in terms of a sponsorship proposal). 
   I have been looking at your site again and I agree that you need to have your own url.  Furthermore, you really do need to get out there and start proving youself.  Where do you live? what do you do in your town? are there mountains near by that you can be hiking?...You need to start making a name for yourself as this will be the only way that companies  considering sponsoring you are going to give you a second look.  What do you do in your free time?  What kind of Community projects are you involved in?  What are your dreams and aspirations apart from climbing? Where do you go to school? Where do you want to go to college and what do you want to study?
    These are all things that people are going to want to know about you...  You have to remember that this website is representative of the package that you are selling, which is not just you the climber, but rather you as the physical manifestation of infinite possibility.
   You need to be able to show some sort of prolonged dedication to goals with examples from your own life from the past.  (Saying your dedication can be seen through the "three days it took to make a geocities website is really not going to fly).
    Trunl, dreams are great and they have inspired many people to do great things with there lives.  Like I said above I applaud your dreams but its time to take the next step and start making your dreams become reality.  Rather than talking about doing stuff get out there and do it.  Find your passion and let that passion serve as the motivation that will get you over the many hurdles you will face over the coming years...
    I think you should also think about getting a job mate...As i don't know anyone who has gotten sponsorship without setting the bar high and mounting up a consistent pattern of not only success, but a love of the mountains and a belief in wha tyou are doing.
    Best of luck to you mate, cause your already a step in front of all the others.  Most people don't even have a dream to keep them going in life, let alone direct it...

Cheers,

Tasty

Tasty

« Reply #21 on: Sep 9 2004, 01:56 »

Incidentally Trunl,
    You never say in your website what made you want to climb?  What gave you the idea for the Seven Summits?

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #22 on: Oct 31 2004, 14:52 »

as you can see on my website, the first climb i want to do is kili. i have a few questions:
is this itinerary going to give me a good chance for success?
(...)
also another question: does anyone use jagged globe? are they trustworthy?

trunl

Hey Trunl, only saw this post now. Jagged-globe is very trustworthy and one of the best in the world. I did a scottish winterclimbing course with them myself and it was great. But they market towards the upper end of the market which makes little sense for many of the 7summits. For Kilimanjaro we (7summits.com) can get you the same itinerary for much less!
For the money they will charge you family, I will guide you up myself personally!

Check out http://7summits.com/kilimanjaro/trips.php and compare.

8)
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

trunl

Re: New Website, Kilimanjaro and sponsorship thoughts
« Reply #23 on: Nov 2 2004, 05:49 »

thank you harry. will consider. thank you tasty. and who gave me the idea? actually a number of places and people. it all started when i was 10, i dont remember how i got the idea, but all the sudden i wanted to climb everest. it was to be my life goal. but i soon realized that that was common and not enough. i expanded my ideas to:
the 8 summits
the 14 8000ers
and the 3 poles

trunl

Hatman

• Archaeologist
  • Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
  • One down six to go?
« Reply #24 on: Feb 18 2005, 00:26 »

Being new to the site and the Seven Summits generally, though I have climb plenty of Mts in time, (including Kozzy in Aus) I have a question about Kili.  Has anyone from the UK travelled independently to Tanzania, hired a guide or sumitted Kili with a local company and if so how did u find the experience?  And what sort of price did u pay for the service etc?

teamkilimanjaro

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: -5
  • I am too lazy too change this text!
« Reply #25 on: Mar 3 2005, 02:57 »

If you want to do this we can recommend Rogath:

http://www.geocities.com/rogathephremmtuy/index.html

Honest, efficient and very competent - he has worked for us.

Sincerely, TK.

PS. If you do use him please let him know we recommended him, he'll be encouraged. He's guided for years but has only recently branched out on his own.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 24 queries.