Partners needed > Sponsors & climbers offers

Sponsoring

(1/5) > >>

nvdam:
I am a newcomer to the climbing arena, and hooked! I am planning to climb the seven summits, but am a mere college student.  In order to be able to realize this dream I will need a whole lot of sponsoring. Does anyone have experience in applying for sponsorship? What is the best way to go about doing this? Thanks,
NIk

trunl:
try the new sponsorship area in the forum!

heres what you need on the sponsorship:

1. your goal (dont be too specific, most people dont know too many mountains outside of everest)

2. what you are doing that will make you succeed (training, again dont be too specific)

3. what THEY are getting out of this (you will make a speech, pose for a commercial, put their company logo on whatever equipment, etc.)

trunl

trunl:
i will post my letter AS AN EXAMPLE. PLEASE DO NOT COPY.

Dear      ,

My name is            . I wish for my dream to come true and for me to be able to become the youngest person (I am now 15, but will try to finish before the age of 22) to climb the 8 summits (the highest mountain on every continent plus the highest mountain in the Oceania area), plus some practice mountains. Unfortunately, I cannot do this without sponsorship money (About $175,000). To prove that I can do this, I am exercising every nearly day. I try to run at least 36 miles a week. I do weight training. Also, I do stairs, to help me improve walking upward. While doing all this, I carry weight on my back to simulate a pack. The following is a list of what you will receive for each level of sponsorship.

$100,000- Title Sponsor    Attendance of 2 events
            2 speeches
            Logo on all clothes
            Logo on most equipment
            Logo on tents
            Logo on team flag
            Logo on various banners in base camp
            Logo in most pictures (including summit pictures)
            Logo in most pictures that will appear in magazine or websites
            Logo on my website
            Ads for your company at the end of my update emails
            Link to your website from mine
            Mentioned in all interviews

$50,000- Gold Sponsor-   Attendance of 2 events OR 2 speeches OR a mix of both
            Logo on some equipment
            Logo on some tents
            Logo on team flag (which will appear in summit picture)
            Logo on my website
            Ads for your company at the end of some of my update emails
            Link to your website from mine
            Mentioned in some interviews

$20,000- Silver Sponsor-   Attendance of 1 event OR 1 speech
            Logo on some clothes
            Logo on website
            Ads for your company at the end of at least 10 of my update emails
            Mentioned in 1 interview

$5,000- Bronze Sponsor-   Logo on some clothes
            Logo on website
            Ads for your company at the end of at least 5 of my update emails

I am looking for at least one of each sponsor.

You can contact me for details at     @         or just click reply.

Sincerely,

wazza:

--- Quote from: trunl on May 26 2004, 04:03 ---i will post my letter AS AN EXAMPLE. PLEASE DO NOT COPY.

Dear      ,

My name is            . I wish for my dream to come true and for me to be able to become the youngest person (I am now 15, but will try to finish before the age of 22) to climb the 8 summits (the highest mountain on every continent plus the highest mountain in the Oceania area), plus some practice mountains. Unfortunately, I cannot do this without sponsorship money (About $175,000). To prove that I can do this, I am exercising every nearly day. I try to run at least 36 miles a week. I do weight training. Also, I do stairs, to help me improve walking upward. While doing all this, I carry weight on my back to simulate a pack. The following is a list of what you will receive for each level of sponsorship.

--- End quote ---

But on your website:
"I am currently doing weight training, sit-ups, and running 19 miles a week with an 18 pound backpack on."

so what is it... 19 or 36?

trunl:
dude, what is it with you!? are you like obsessed with me or something??????!!!!

as an explanation for my mistake i will say that i changed my schedule. i found out that running less with weight is a better work out.

please leave me alone. and please stop responding to my posts unless you have a valid argument or some positive criticism.

trunl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version