7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drunk on the seven summits  (Read 9605 times)

Tjaldor

Drunk on the seven summits
« on: Jul 27 2004, 16:50 »

I want to be the first drunk man to stand on the top of the seven summits. Any suggestions to how I should train to complete this mission? I guess it`s very common to drink a lot while youre on cold mountain as Denali, since you don`t get cold while drinking?

If anyone want to join my expedition please let me know!

:lol) :lol) :lol) :lol) :lol) :lol) :lol) :lol) :lol) :lol) :lol) :lol) :lol) :lol) :lol) :lol)

mattyl

Re: Drunk on the seven summits
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27 2004, 17:46 »

what a great idea, id love to join your expeditions. good idea bout the tap dancing by the way!

Ron

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: -1
  • Adapt,improvise and overcome!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28 2004, 03:18 »

Who's gonna sponsor ?......Heiniken? >:D

Lena

Re: Drunk on the seven summits - this is a bad plan
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31 2004, 09:27 »

Are you just an idiot or are you really serious about this. Get your facts strait, alcohol does not actually make you warmer. It dilates your blood vessels so at first you feel warmer, but the end result leaves you colder and much more prone to frostbite and hypothermia. This is a really bad plan, the tops of mountains are the most deadly enviroments on earth, seriously don't get yourself killed. There is enough to deal with up there with out being impaired by alcohol.

Ron

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: -1
  • Adapt,improvise and overcome!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 31 2004, 12:22 »

hahaha  lena im sure the guy is kidding....relax  ;D....and your right in what your saying about alcohol. It has 1 plus effect though..it makes the blood thinner and thus you can tranport more O2 to the smaller vessels on high altutude. During my last expedition on everest we had some tjeck people with us and they were drinking a lot saying it was good for acclimatisation..and they had astonisly good O2 value's in their blood. Also the russiens (north direct on Everest) were drunck alot and they made the summit heheheh.
We let our expedition medical team do research about the subject and they came up with a lot of different answers. Concluded that they dont realy know actuallly. So we decided to stay sober ;)

Mari

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 39
  • Am I supposed to write something here? :)
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22 2004, 14:06 »

Well...A dear friend of mine really has climbed drunk (in the Alps). Later on he said that it wasn't such a good idea...wonder why :lol)
Altitude record 6654m. Next summer (2011) will try to up that to 7546m..

Sandra

« Reply #6 on: Oct 29 2004, 09:22 »

It would be fun to watch someone who is drunk to walk alongside a small ridge...  :lol)

Mari

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 39
  • Am I supposed to write something here? :)
« Reply #7 on: Oct 29 2004, 11:57 »

You're right :lol) :D :lol)
Altitude record 6654m. Next summer (2011) will try to up that to 7546m..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.