7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lack of Sponsors  (Read 8486 times)

TM

• Mountaineer
  • Armchair...
  • Altitude: 1
Lack of Sponsors
« on: Aug 13 2004, 20:34 »

Right, do anyone have any advice?  My goodness, I have been trying to find a sponsor for Vinson and Everest to complete the 7Summit Quest for the last 7 months and 13 days!  The only thing that I haven't tried is streaking at a rugby game!!! 
You think a country would be proud of its first woman completing the 7Summits, but apparently it's not the case???????  Is it worth looking for sponsorship elsewhere?  The first from my country, the first from my continent and the youngest woman in the world!
:-D

trunl

Re: Lack of Sponsors
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13 2004, 22:58 »

what continent??

about the sponsorship, what are you doing: calling? writing letters? emailing?
who have you tried: business' (big or small)? grants from companies? gear from companies?

hint: look for agressive business', ones placing ads on billboards, radio, and tv.

trunl

Ron

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: -1
  • Adapt,improvise and overcome!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14 2004, 02:09 »

What i do is make a package with info about who i am , my background, things done in the past (and what it meand for my sponsors), what i want to  do and how, what the value and exposure for the sponsor is and add a portfolio with pics and stuff.
Then i call to convince them to accept my package and then send it to them....and also that i will call back in due time when they have read it and then discuss if they are interested and make an appointment (hopefully)

it's hard tell me about it  :?)

TM

• Mountaineer
  • Armchair...
« Reply #3 on: Aug 14 2004, 15:29 »

:D  Thanks for the reply.  The continent is Africa and the country South Africa ( First woman ) 
I have been, and still are doing all of what you guys advised me to do, I am however competing with rugby, rugby and more rugby!
I have been writing, mailing, phoning but it seems easier to climb Denali 10 times during the winter season than to get an appointment!
I will certainly re-inforce my quest with-in the media, that seems to be the way forward/upward! 
It is good to know that there are likeminded people out there...I will certainly not give up! :D

wazza

« Reply #4 on: Aug 15 2004, 17:51 »

Right, do anyone have any advice?  My goodness, I have been trying to find a sponsor for Vinson and Everest to complete the 7Summit Quest for the last 7 months and 13 days!  The only thing that I haven't tried is streaking at a rugby game!!! 
You think a country would be proud of its first woman completing the 7Summits, but apparently it's not the case???????  Is it worth looking for sponsorship elsewhere?  The first from my country, the first from my continent and the youngest woman in the world!

The tone of your post is almost such that you feal you DESERVE to have other people to give you money to do your hobby.

Ron

• Mountaineer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 16 2004, 01:00 »

Well Wazza that indeed not the right attitude...believing in yourself is though.

All I can say is hang in there..I spent 4 mounths before i got all funds togehter for my last Everest trip...on an 2 hour a day average :?)

trunl

« Reply #6 on: Aug 16 2004, 08:09 »

and he does DESERVE it. he DESERVES it to himself to get those sponsorships. keep trying TM, they'll come soon!

trunl

Ron

• Mountaineer
« Reply #7 on: Aug 16 2004, 12:47 »

For the record..TM is a girl...told ya before to read before you post m8 ;)

trunl

« Reply #8 on: Aug 16 2004, 20:06 »

oops sorry  ::) ::)

(i actually did read the post, i just forgot....)

trunl

TM

• Mountaineer
  • Armchair...
« Reply #9 on: Aug 16 2004, 20:24 »

:D  Thanks for your support trunl and Ron, and ya I'm indeed a girl!  Haha
I actually received my first bit of money earlier today, it is not much but it is a start!

And to Wazza, this is long past just a "hobby"!!! ;D

Have a good one!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.