7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Family climbs?  (Read 4379 times)

ruggerchic13

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
  • FIND THE STRENGTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD
Family climbs?
« on: Aug 13 2004, 23:48 »

My family likes to do things together...but it usually revolves around going to a baseball or football game - two sports which I don't follow - and I usually end up back in the hotel room alone.  A few years back and in more recent weeks my family has gone whitewater rafting together, something which we all enjoyed.  I was wondering if there was some mountain that we could all climb together.  We enjoy being outside and doing physical activities as aposed to siting down watching TV.  Any comments would be welcome.
"It's not making it to the top that's important; it's living long enough to get down to tell about it."

Ron

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: -1
  • Adapt,improvise and overcome!
Re: Family climbs?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14 2004, 02:16 »

As i don t live in the states let alone penny...i cannot really advice you on that.
I can imagene That in the states (like in europe) there are parks like yellowstone or gran tenton national park were you can camp and start al kinds of activities like rafting, rock climbing , bouldering and so on.
Look for an area for beginners so that everyone can enjoy i would say and dont expect to much from the non climbers.

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Re: Family climbs?
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13 2004, 14:22 »

My family likes to do things together...but it usually revolves around going to a baseball or football game - two sports which I don't follow - and I usually end up back in the hotel room alone.  A few years back and in more recent weeks my family has gone whitewater rafting together, something which we all enjoyed.  I was wondering if there was some mountain that we could all climb together.  We enjoy being outside and doing physical activities as aposed to siting down watching TV.  Any comments would be welcome.

Hi Ruggerchicc13,

Only noticed your post just now, but one mountain that is great to climb/hike is Kilimanjaro. I have organised many trips for Father/sons or other family combinations and they all loved it for many reasons!

Just let me know  8)
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.