7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pilgrims Tours  (Read 7999 times)

Tomasz

Pilgrims Tours
« on: May 6 2004, 20:32 »

Hello

I have booked Elbrus trip with Pilgrim Tours, but I'm having difficult time communicating with them in last few weeks, no reply to emails.

Anyone having the same problem? Know what is going on?

Tomasz

Jellis

Re: Pilgrims Tours
« Reply #1 on: May 7 2004, 18:05 »

Sorry to hear about that!
Donīt know about that, im planning to book a trip from there too, so let me know if there are problems...
jellis

MoT

• Climber
  • Altitude: 8
    • TightropeNET
« Reply #2 on: May 8 2004, 06:02 »

All I can say is that it's certainly unusual for that to happen (or at least I've never had problems getting in contact or getting information). Have you tried the www.elbrus.org website - it's run by Gleb who works with Pilgrim Tours. They have a forum that may help, or even an email for Gleb himelf there

Jesper

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: -3
  • I am too lazy too change this text!
« Reply #3 on: May 24 2004, 19:57 »

If you visit www.elbrus.org and check out the Forum on that page you can see that a lot of other people have been trying for weeks to get in touch with Pilgrim Tours and Gleb - without luck. I am beginning to get a little nerveous myself, I was hoping to book my lite package with them this week...  ???

:-) Jesper

Jesper

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: -3
  • I am too lazy too change this text!
« Reply #4 on: May 30 2004, 19:04 »

Pilgrim Tours is back online!!  :)

Check out the forum at www.elbrus.org for an explanation of what happened from the Russian guy Gleb, who is one of the guides/operators at Pilgrim Tours.

:-) Jesper

Corsair

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: -2
« Reply #5 on: Jul 26 2004, 04:07 »

Pilgrim tours...this is my story about them.
A friend of mine contacted them to book the "lite-package". No reply for two weeks. He sent the same e-mail again and waited one week. No reply. He tried a third time and after about ten days he got a message from Gleb basically telling him to put some money on Pilgrim Tour's account. It was not corresponding to the "lite-package's" price given on the company's website, so he asked additional questions. No more lifesigns from Gleb/Pilgrim Tours.
I've also mailed Pilgrim Tours three times and never gotten any reply.
As far as I could tell from the scene in the area, it seems like Pilgrim Tours almost is in a monopoly situation and that can sometimes result in this kind of arrogance and doubtful behaviour.
There are much better operators around.
To die? No, I climbed up there to LIVE!

Titanic

« Reply #6 on: Jul 26 2004, 22:13 »

Hi Corsair!

You should book with 7Summits.com, they use Pilgrim Tours for the Elbrus trip. It's a lot easier with Harry (7Summits), he responds to your email in a matter of hours and the price is almost the same (like 25 euros more). I just came back from the summit of Elbrus in June and Pilgrim Tours did a great job in Russia. The guides were really good and competent and the organization was excellent in Moscow and in the Elbrus region.

Some people in my group took the lite package. Not a good idea, not enough acclimatization. You should book the 11 day tour beginning in Moscow. Anyway, this is a great trip and the Caucasus mountains are beautiful and the summit of Elbrus is a nice place to be. ;D

Corsair

• Scrambler
« Reply #7 on: Jul 27 2004, 01:02 »

Whoops...didn't know Harry and 7summits.com was connected to Pilgrim Tours.
Anyway, the only thing we wanted from PG was to get the invitation and some transport, therefore we did not ask Harry for any help. Maybe there wasn't enough money in the deal for PG to bother with a reply.

Apart from the above mentioned, I was not interested in guides or any packages of any sort. The Caucasus is a wonderful place to be and I spent almost a month there climbing a bit here and there.
I'm a bit surprised that many climbers go there, polish off Elbrus and then go straight back home, when there are so many other nice peaks to climb close by.
My favorites are the Bezengi area and Adil Su valley. In most ways much nicer than Elbrus. 

Ron

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: -1
  • Adapt,improvise and overcome!
« Reply #8 on: Jul 27 2004, 01:04 »

Right now Harry is out in Pakistan climbing an unclimbed peak...hey will be back in a couple weeks  (to leave for Everest a mounth later)

Corsair

• Scrambler
« Reply #9 on: Jul 27 2004, 01:42 »

:o
An unclimbed peak in Pakistan?
Which one?

trunl

« Reply #10 on: Jul 27 2004, 03:03 »

Chogolisa

Corsair

• Scrambler
« Reply #11 on: Jul 27 2004, 20:38 »

Wow!
A beautiful peak in a very nice area.
Not unclimbed though.

I wish Harry and the rest of the group good luck!

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #12 on: Oct 13 2004, 14:36 »

Wow!
A beautiful peak in a very nice area.
Not unclimbed though.

I wish Harry and the rest of the group good luck!
Thanks Corsair, but unfortunately we did not make it, see the reports on www.chogolisa.net
But its a great area, from the hundreds of people near K2 and Broad peak to being the only one on a mountain is quite refreshing. Pity of all the snow...
It was climbed a few times before but the last time it was summited was in 1987
 8)
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 23 queries.