7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saturday 4 september, ABC, 6400m  (Read 4084 times)

Ron

  • Mountaineer
  • *****
  • Altitude: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 354
  • Adapt,improvise and overcome!
Saturday 4 september, ABC, 6400m
« on: Sep 4 2004, 19:27 »

The Sherpas leave camp early to fix the rest of the route towards North Col, the team is very tired and hangs around, even going to the stone . Email sending does not work properly, the Iridium phone disconnects all the time and most email accounts do not seem to work except one hotmail adress we use to receive our wether forecasts. Actually that's the only email we received today together with some personal advices from our expedition doctor in the Netherlands, Bart Veijgen.

So our apologies for not replying if you have sent anything to our special expedition email adresses!

The weather report lets us know that the weather should remain as it is the coming 5days: little wind, some sun and clouds, one inch of snow each day, so good climbing weather!



The Sherpas just returned, there was quite a lot of soft snow on the last section and they had not fixed all the rope, only until about 6800m. As they will have a deserved resting day tomorrow we cannot execute our plan to go or even sleep at North Col tomorrow. So instead some of us who feel quite good will do a carry to the top of the ropes, deposit some gear and food and spend the rest of the day in ABC and then go down to BC to rest a day or 2.
The others who feel less good physically or mentally will go down to BC directly tomorrow.

Who is in group one and who in group 2? We wil see tomorrow as a good or bad night sleep can switch you over in no time ....



(Song of the day: You can make it if you try, Sly and the family stone!)
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 22 queries.