7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monday 13-september ABC, 6400m  (Read 4807 times)

Romke

  • The Wireless Biker
  • Administrator
  • Scrambler
  • *******
  • Altitude: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 74
  • Werr's me armchair?
    • All things Romke
Monday 13-september ABC, 6400m
« on: Sep 13 2004, 19:07 »


Marc is leaving right after breakfast, together with the Tibethan help. You
can see the mixed feelings on his face: going down to relative luxury to
recover and then straight back home to his loved ones versus the walking
away from fulfilling his longtime dream.

Everest is hard in many ways..



After breakfast I have a chat with Boris, who is not quite sure what to do.
He is also saddened by Marc's departure and is in doubt about when and how
to go up.

Werner has taken Sander and my advice to do a carry today if he wants to go
up to NC tomorrow and has left camp with a big pack.

While Sander, Ruby and I do our daily typing and connecting to get our
weather reports and to send out these reports, Boris has decided to do a
carry today as well, so that's good news.



From tomorrow it will be better weather for 2 days, most of the new snow
should have settled or blown away, so Sander and I will try to get to NC,
and stay for at least 2 nights, maybe going up to camp 2 at 7500m as well.

The Sherpas will sleep at NC as well and try to fix some ropes towards
camp2; but the snow is very deep all the way from NC to the summit ridge, so
they are not really positive right now.

Let's see what the next few days will bring :-)





Song of the day: Heather Nova, 'Walk this world'

Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 22 queries.