7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mount Everest - everything we need to know!?  (Read 32426 times)

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Re: Mount Everest - everything we need to know!?
« Reply #40 on: Oct 29 2004, 13:23 »

Hey Ron, Harry and Buddha!

The next Ukatak raid is from February 10 to the 18 from Ottawa to Mont-Tremblant, a distance of over 400 km. We can make an international team if you can fork the inscription fee of 1900 euros.

Ron, we could get sponsored by The North Face, that could be pretty cool!  8)

I've got a place in Mont-Tremblant so we can crash after the raid, but you would have to be civilized, my wife will be there. ;D

MikeW

Cool! But I am not sure if I will be out of dept by then, but yesterday the BBC showed The Challenge in which an amateur girl from the UK was added to a pro team only 2 months before. She trained non-stop and they actually won teh race (being only 1 of 2 teams that finished at all within the limits). Looked really tough but great to do.

Do you do this as well MikeW or are you only offering lodging?
Do we know any unbreakable chicks who want tto join? You must have one woman in the team (minimally)  8)

That Challenge show was on Everest last week, same concept, only the guy they picked did not even get to North Col, even after 3 tries. First time a show actually showed that Everest is quite tough..
But hey, at least he tried 3 times  :()
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

MikeW

• Climber
  • Altitude: 13
  • To be is to climb!
« Reply #41 on: Oct 29 2004, 20:16 »

Hi Harry!

I can ride a mountain bike in the snow, I can snowshoe (quite good actually  ;)). I can definitely ski (my favorite sport...with mountaineering of course!  ;D).

Seriously, I would love to do a race like this. The only problem is to find crazy guys to do it with you. That's where you all come along.

When you live in Québec, temperatures of -30c to -40c is no big deal, you just need the right equipment.

As for knowing a chick who would want to do a race like this!  :lol) :lol) :lol)

I went to the summit of Mt Washington (New Hampshire USA) with my wife and she swore me never to bring her on other mountains.  :P

MikeW

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #42 on: Oct 29 2004, 20:37 »

Well I am in for it if we can get some financial sponsoring, I think Ron would love to go  ;D

Daisy?  8)
How about some training for that Denali climb of yours?
 O0
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

MaYhEm

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 0
  • Summit Bound!
« Reply #43 on: Oct 29 2004, 23:13 »

hey harry, that Challenge show you were watching.. did they pick some random newbie to climb to the north col, or was this guy actually a climber.. and in great shape? 

Daisy

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: -23
« Reply #44 on: Oct 29 2004, 23:35 »

Well I am in for it if we can get some financial sponsoring, I think Ron would love to go  ;D

Daisy?  8)
How about some training for that Denali climb of yours?
 O0

I'd love it! but between Aconcagua in December and Denali in June and then going to Canada for a race I'd definately be fired from my job....I'm skating on thin ice as it is  :eek)
“Today, it is still not hard to find a man who will adventure for the sake of a dream or one who will search, for the pleasure of searching, and not for what he may find.”
                        Sir Edmund Hillary

Ron

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: -1
  • Adapt,improvise and overcome!
« Reply #45 on: Oct 30 2004, 00:34 »

I love to do everything..but thats just my problam :?)

we ll see.

PS Harry if you growyour hair somewhat longer then........never mind  ;) ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 23 queries.