Partners needed > Elbrus

June/July 2005

(1/20) > >>

Buddha:
It would be great to meet up with some people from this forum and take on Mt. Elbrus.

I have a suggestion. We use Pilgrim Tours as operator, the same as 7summits use for their trips. The only difference is that we do it ourselves, after all isnšt that a part of the pleasure? I don't want to ride a skilift more then half-way up the mountain...

Their lite package is roughtly 100 Euros = approx. 120 USD. The price is dependant on the number of members in the team...

We go to Moscow and meet up there. Stay in a hotel for 1 night before we go off to MinVody. The internal flight is about $200 USD, we use the service for transport to MSD Lodge and stay there for a night before we start working ourselves up the mountain. Stay in tents and cook our own meals and everything...

I haven't done any real calculations but I think the trip would cost about $500 excluding airfare to and from Moscow to your destination...

Trunl, this is a great chance for you mate.

I've checked out the prices for you for airfare from Texas to Moscow, return flight with LuftHansa.

Route
Austin, TX - BERGSTROM INTL. (AUS) > Chicago - O'Hare International (ORD) > Frankfurt/Main International (FRA) > Moscow - Sheremetyevo (SVO) > Frankfurt/Main International (FRA) > Chicago - O'Hare International (ORD) > Austin, TX - BERGSTROM INTL. (AUS) 

Price is approx. $1055

I would love to have you with the "expedition".

Hopefully some more members on this forum will be interested in joining!

trunl:
id love to but my parents would not let me unless they got to meet with you first.... and i doubt that....

if you can come to texas and meet my parents, i would be glad to. i would work really hard to your rough estimate of $2000 all by myself.

trunl

trunl:
*earn your rough estimate.....

i forgot the word earn.

trunl

trunl:
if you can make it June/July 2007, ill be in.  ;D ;D (ill be 18).

(ill now stop posting  ::) ::))

trunl

Buddha:
Arf, 2007  :o  :o  :o

Actually I wouldn't mind going back there then either but I am going next summer... Don't want to plan for 2007 though, at least not a mountain I will most likely have summited by then.

And, actually the estimate is $1500-1600 total, not $2000...

Sorry to say that I can't see myself going to Austin to meet your parents though... I'm not made of money  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version