7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So... how many people here have completed the 7?  (Read 7698 times)

MoT

• Climber
  • Altitude: 8
    • TightropeNET

Just wondering... when? What order? What routes? Any trip reports posted on the net anywhere?

How many have you completed? How many have you left to do?

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Re:So... how many people here have completed the 7?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28 2002, 15:18 »

Hi MoT,

as you know there are 2 versions of the seven summits: with Carstensz Pyramid and with Kosciusko (and many climbed both)

At the moment (28th april 2002) there are 68 people who climbed the Carstensz version and 66 who climbed the Kosciuszko version.

In total there are 92 different people that have climbed at least one version of the 7 summits.

If you want to apply for a place on the list, please read the sticky topic about applying on this general board in this forum.

I have climbed 5 myself, the 5th being Aconcagua end of 2000. Everest and Vinson are still to go, but too expensive too climb without corporate sponsoring. So if you know anyone interested in sponsoring in return for exposure on this site and more, let me know!  :)

The new site with all the statistics should be online in a few weeks  ::)

thanks and keep climbing,

Harry
« Last Edit: Apr 28 2002, 18:12 by 7summits »
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28 2002, 15:20 »

To answer your question in more detail:

Just wondering... when? What order? What routes? Any trip reports posted on the net anywhere?

How many have you completed? How many have you left to do?

the order will be on the new site; the routes are not always known, but we are trying to track this. Some of the summiteers have websites with reports, most of them not.
If they have, they will be listed on the detail pages of every summiteer.
 8)

The 7summits team
« Last Edit: Apr 28 2002, 15:22 by 7summits »
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

trunl

« Reply #3 on: Oct 9 2003, 03:49 »

if you want corporate sponsoring, then i find the best way is to contact companies that already sponsor other climbers, they are most likely to sponsor you (try ed viesturs sponsors, posted on his website).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 22 queries.