7 summits and other mountain stuff > Books and movies

New 'mountaineering' movie: Killing me softly

(1/1)

7summits:
Ever since Nicci French wrote their bestseller you are sure to get a second look everytime you tell somebody you are a mountaineer  ;)

(if you don't understand why, just read the book!

Well they made it into a movie, and apparently the star quite like climbing, this is what he told Ananova

--- Quote ---Joseph Fiennes trained as mountain climber for new movie

Joseph Fiennes says he became fascinated by mountain climbing while playing a climber in the new erotic thriller Killing Me Softly.

The actor has a string of explicit love scenes with Heather Graham in the movie.

But he was more interested in by the skills of the men who risk their lives reaching for the world's highest peaks.

He told Ananova: "I was fascinated by what motivates and drives a climber. What guides this passion to climb in circumstances which are usually inhospitable.

"It is a strange solitary occupation, a mixture of love and hate. Parts of the climb can be sheer terror, perched on a high ledge, followed by an immense sense of exhilaration."

Fiennes was hailed by his instructors as the most gifted learner they had ever taught.

He trained at a London climbing centre and at Glen Coe in Scotland where part of the film was made.

He plays a murder suspect in Killing Me Softly.

The film is being released in the UK next month.

Story filed: 15:53 Friday 3rd May 2002
--- End quote ---

Has anyone seen this movie yet? Is it any good as the book?
Send your reports!

Thanks and keep climbing,

The 7summits team

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version