7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which 7summits.com poster  would you most like to share a bivouac with?

Harry
- 2 (15.4%)
Ron
- 0 (0%)
Trunl
- 1 (7.7%)
Daisy
- 8 (61.5%)
I prefer to be by myself
- 2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The easiest poll! :)  (Read 32174 times)

rundmc

The easiest poll! :)
« on: Nov 14 2004, 06:32 »

:)

trunl

Re: The easiest poll! :)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14 2004, 06:40 »

definately harry or ron, as they are the most experienced, but i chose harry, because i get along with him better.

by the way harry, what is that strange little symbol in front of the 22 on my altitude??  ;)

trunl
« Last Edit: Nov 14 2004, 06:58 by trunl »

Buddha

• Climber
  • Altitude: 17
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14 2004, 14:54 »

I would easily go with Daisy. Would be a lot easier to cuddle up with her and keep the warmth ;)

Mari

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 39
  • Am I supposed to write something here? :)
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15 2004, 13:37 »

What a tricky poll question... ;)
Altitude record 6654m. Next summer (2011) will try to up that to 7546m..

MoT

• Climber
  • Altitude: 8
    • TightropeNET
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15 2004, 23:01 »

Heh heh heh! Looks like you're pretty popular around here Daisy!  ;D

If Falvey's group is snoring too loud on Aconcagua in January, you can always hop on over to our tents... I'm sure we'll be able to squeeze you in somewhere!  :-*

Corsair

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: -2
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16 2004, 06:37 »

MoT, Daisy,

Are you heading for Aco in Januari?
I'll be there as well. I'll probably head for Tupungato, Bonete (Cerro, Not Caldera) or Cerro Plato for acclimatization. Then off north for more nice peaks  8)
I may see you there  :)

Corsair.
To die? No, I climbed up there to LIVE!

Daisy

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: -23
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16 2004, 18:00 »

Ok who is responsible for that poll? was it you Harry?  ;D  ;D 

It's comforting to know i won't be left out in the cold....unless I'm on an expedition with Trunl that is  ;) Trunl, what's the story? you'd rather cuddle up with two men would you? I'm very offended   ;)

Corsair,

I'm heading to Aconcagua on 27th December, MoT too. We are going with different teams but taking the same route (the Vacas route). If you are there it would be great to meet you. I think MikeW will be there too but not too sure.
Whatever about sharing a bivouac I may need a volunteer to carry me down. just back from Scotland and my knee is worse than ever! it's really worrying me now...even the support didn't work this time  :'(
By the way, Ben Nevis was unbelievable, I've never experienced such cold. It lashed freezing, icy rain and strong winds the whole day. There is no such thing as waterproof gear in Scotland, believe me!
“Today, it is still not hard to find a man who will adventure for the sake of a dream or one who will search, for the pleasure of searching, and not for what he may find.”
                        Sir Edmund Hillary

MikeW

• Climber
  • Altitude: 13
  • To be is to climb!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 16 2004, 20:20 »

Hey Guys!

Yes Daisy, I'll be there on Aconcagua this January on the Polish traverse route, but I'll be arriving on January 9. So maybe I'll see you, MoT and Corsair while we'll be climbing the highest point in the world (except naturally for the Himalayas ! ;D).

As for the poll, don't worry Daisy trunl is only 15, he wouldn't know what to do anyway with you in the same sleeping bag ;). I'll reserve a nice warm spot for you Daisy in base camp after your summit day.  ;D :-* ;D

MikeW

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #8 on: Nov 18 2004, 05:51 »

Ok who is responsible for that poll? was it you Harry?  ;D  ;D 

It's comforting to know i won't be left out in the cold....
emmm, actually I did not create this poll  8)
But you'll know what I voted  ;D

Hope your knee is better soon!
Scotland is great, dis a winter climb on the Ben once, great stuff. Maybe I will be climbing there again for a week in Feb..
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Corsair

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: -2
« Reply #9 on: Nov 18 2004, 07:16 »

Daisy,

I'll arrive in Buenos Aries the 3'rd of January and will go to Los Andes asap. Will head for some other peaks in the area first, in order to get some acclimatization and to avoid being in the Aco area too long. Popular mountains in peak season is not my thing. Too much of too many things. I have not decided which route to take yet and I feel there are still plenty of time for that.
I hope to see you, MoT and MikeW there!

Corsair.

PS. I added you to my messenger, so don't be surprised if there is someone with a @ihateclowns.com-account showing up on your list.
Could be nice to chat a bit some day.
To die? No, I climbed up there to LIVE!

trunl

« Reply #10 on: Nov 19 2004, 06:18 »

It's comforting to know i won't be left out in the cold....unless I'm on an expedition with Trunl that is  ;) Trunl, what's the story? you'd rather cuddle up with two men would you? I'm very offended   ;)

well, actually daisy, im the only one who took this poll seriously, not that i wouldnt mind a beautiful woman on an expedition........

trunl

Buddha

• Climber
« Reply #11 on: Nov 19 2004, 10:18 »

Why do you think I didn't take the poll seriously? Just because I chose to be with Daisy?

If you think I'm not used to cold weather I suggest you come over here now! -18 celsius or for you fahrenheit impaired people, 0 degrees fahrenheit. Ohh yeah, about 40 cm of snow as well, or 1 feet and 3 inches. This is now, and it's just the middle of november. Check back in february or january and we will have few metres of snow! Last year we had -43 degrees celsius... about the same in fahrenheit!

I would still go with Daisy, no disrespect to Harry!  8)

Mari

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 39
  • Am I supposed to write something here? :)
« Reply #12 on: Nov 19 2004, 18:25 »

Same thing here in Finland..Well, only -16 Celsius at the moment but weather reports said -20 to -25 this weekend.

You guys got 40 cm of snow already? That's not fair...It hasn't yet snowed here properly  :(
Altitude record 6654m. Next summer (2011) will try to up that to 7546m..

MikeW

• Climber
  • To be is to climb!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 19 2004, 21:05 »

Back here in Québec, Canada, the winter hasn't arrived just yet though it went to -8 celsius last weekend, but we will start the ski season thanks to artificial snowmaking.

I do ski regularly at temparatures hovering around -20 to -35 celsius which is quite common around here. It makes you tougher to the cold.

People (American from the south ::)) in my expedition on Kilimanjaro couldn't stand the cold at night, and it went only to a temperature of -5 to -10 celsius. I had to sleep with only my boxer short and my sleeping bag half open because it was too warm!!!

I don't think we nordic people have any problem acclimatizing to the cold temperature on the mountains.

MikeW

Buddha

• Climber
« Reply #14 on: Nov 19 2004, 21:16 »

I don't think so either. If I look to myself I did 15 months in the army here, and spending 12 of those months outside, day and night. Eating, sleeping and doing everyhting else that you do in subzero temperatures. And I am not talking about 32 Fahrenheit here... I am talking bitter cold, so that your warm food gets cld before you have your second bite basically..
Here in Sweden basically 5-6 months of the year is colder then 32F. Naturally this also affects how good you can withstand cold weather. I don't have any problems being outside in -25 - -30 celsius, even sleeping in it, so I don't think I would have problems on a mountain with the cold weather. That would be the least of my problems.

Say a guy like trunl, who lives in Texas... It doesn't get very cold there, doesn't snow and naturally this affects him as well. He is probably better equipped to withstand warmer weather then I am, but on the other hand isn't as good equipped to cold weather. Spending a week or two at a ski-resort with snow and cold weather doesn't really make you "equipped" for cold weather. Living in cold conditions makes you used to it...

And Mari, yeah we had 1 snowfall so far. Lasted for a few hours and it was a complete white-out. Strong winds along with heavy snowfall... Lovely! They say that the temperature is going to drop to -25 tonight but we will see. I've just returned in from 2 hours of playing in the snow with my daughter. Was about -12 celsius... just basic layers and shell, middle layer would be too warm!

MoT

• Climber
  • Altitude: 8
    • TightropeNET
« Reply #15 on: Nov 19 2004, 21:29 »

well, actually daisy, im the only one who took this poll seriously, not that i wouldnt mind a beautiful woman on an expedition........

What makes you think we're not serious? I only added a humorous slant to my post. I've only met Harry and Daisy and of the two, Daisy would take up less space in a hastily excavated snow hole...  :P

That and she is a chick [heh heh heh!], although Harry's long blonde flowing locks made it hard to tell if he was an ugly girl or a handsome boy last year! Hee hee hee! ROTFMAO >:D

(Slaps Harry in the face, then runs away laughing!)

trunl

« Reply #16 on: Nov 20 2004, 05:52 »

guys:

did i say in any of my posts that you guys cant withstand cold weather?? why do you think i did??

trunl

Buddha

• Climber
« Reply #17 on: Nov 20 2004, 08:51 »

Actually you didn't trunl. You're right about that! I just thought that you thought that I picked Daisy cause she would be able to warm me up better... Then that got into a spinning around about subzero temps ;) Anyway, I was dead serious about my post. I would rather stay with Daisy but I wouldn't turn down Harry either! Can't he join us in the bivaque? 3 ppl will keep the temperature up even more, and if we get hungry we can just start to nibble on Harry  >:D

God, I'm so wasted. Need to sleep... Haven't slept in 39 hours now...

trunl

« Reply #18 on: Nov 21 2004, 06:17 »

who is dare brave enough to vote for me?

do you dare to tell your identity??

trunl

MikeW

• Climber
  • To be is to climb!
« Reply #19 on: Nov 22 2004, 09:44 »

Everybody knows it's you trunl!  :lol) :lol) :lol)

Just kidding!!!

MikeW
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 26 queries.