7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boots - Kilimanjaro  (Read 5869 times)

regaz

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
Boots - Kilimanjaro
« on: Nov 24 2004, 08:50 »

Hi everybody,
I have purchased most of the gear I'll need for a climb of Kili in July 2005. I haven't yet purchased a pair of boots but I do intend to get a pair in the near future. I want to break them in on a couple of smaller climbs.

I don't know much about boots for this climb and I was wondering if anybody could make some recommendations. I'm hoping that I don't have to break the bank on these and would like to keep the price under $200(US), if possible.
I'd appreciate any comments or advise.
Best regards,
Ron

MoT

• Climber
  • Altitude: 8
    • TightropeNET
Re: Boots - Kilimanjaro
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24 2004, 09:56 »

Meindl boots are soooooo comfy and don't need much breaking in. I got a pair 3 years back and they are still my number one pair for hill walking. Only problem is i can't attach crampons to the pair i got so i needed a new set of boots when i progressed to winter climbing.

MikeW

• Climber
  • Altitude: 13
  • To be is to climb!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24 2004, 10:27 »

Hi Ron!

You don't need anything fancy for Kili. A good pair of Salomon Adventure 6 would do just fine (that's what I had on Kili). Go to a store and check the fit, Garmont, Salomon, Lowa, Dunham all have good boots for Kili.

MikeW

Neil

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: -8
  • Jump through the Hoops
    • BigLines
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26 2004, 07:12 »

Don't go and buy any heavy duty mountaineering boots for Kili. Look for a serious backbacking boot that can except clip on crampons. Make sure it has even suport.
Nothing come from nothing come on, Royal Oil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.