7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iceclimbing!!  (Read 3462 times)

MonteBianco

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 4
  • I am too lazy too change this text!
Iceclimbing!!
« on: Jan 28 2005, 19:08 »

Today I climbed at a local waterfall and it was great fun.. But one problem occured to me.. My grip..Damnit my hans were cramping after the first wall. Later on I became more confident in placing my feet and the upper body with grip and arms didnt have to do the bulk.. I will certainly go climb ice more often because it was very fun and its just 5 kilometer from my home  8)

How about you folks on the forum? Do you climb any ice? and if you do what do you think about technically? I realised that good footwork is very helpfull ..what els should one think about when climbing ice?

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Re: Iceclimbing!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 5 2005, 01:27 »

Hey Montebianco!

yes Iceclimbing is fun! Have not done much so far, but it is great in France in the area around Briancon.

Your footwork is very important, especially to keep them horizontal, to avoid slipping out and calve pain. Trust your crampons and use the 2nd pair of teeth.

I am off to ice climb in Africa very soon  8)
« Last Edit: Feb 5 2005, 13:14 by 7summits »
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

MonteBianco

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 4
  • I am too lazy too change this text!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 5 2005, 18:26 »

Alright...!!  One thing which helped me when climbing was the use off toprope. It felt very safe knowing that if you should slip which happened several times you wont fall a single meter.

And have a nice trip to Africa!! I guess Africa isnīt the first place to think of when going Iceclimbing though ;D Were u going? The Atlas?

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #3 on: Feb 5 2005, 18:37 »

Nope, although you can make some nice skitours over there I heard..

I am off to Uganda, Rwenzori, together with Alison Levine, my climbing and cycling friend Romke and some others.

Should be very interesting!
Keep you posted
 O0
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 23 queries.