7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 summits movie  (Read 17123 times)

peak_sneak

7 summits movie
« on: Jan 22 2005, 05:23 »

Hello, for all of you that might be interested, I went to see a conference in Montreal, Canada just a couple days ago about a son and his father who climbed all 7 summits together. They made a short independant movie out of videos the had taken on their adventures called 'The eye of the son', L'oeil du fils' in french. It was really good, both had no previous experience and were not the best fit people. check out www.momentfactory.com. For those living in the montreal area, they are having a few more conferences on feb 6 and 9. you can also check out 'les grands explorateurs'.

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Re: 7 summits movie
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22 2005, 12:47 »

Hi Peak_sneak,

thanks for this, I was once approached by a Canadian Journalist about this, but he never came back to me with the names and the details of these 2 climbers. Do you know their names or anything else so I can contact them, check their climbs and add them to the statistics lists?

Thanks,
7s
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

peak_sneak

« Reply #2 on: Jan 23 2005, 00:08 »

Hey 7summits, their names were Jason Rodi (son) and Bruno Rodi (father). Not sure what contact information I could give you besides that the son owns a little production company I think called Moment Factory and the father is CEO of some other company...I am sure if you type their names in a search engine you could find more details.

Peak_Sneak

Andreas

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: -3
Re: 7 summits movie (about Bass and Wells)
« Reply #3 on: Feb 1 2009, 18:39 »

I just finished reading the book about Bass&Wells. Did all the filming of them ever result in an actually movie?
"I never drink water, that is the stuff that rusts pipes"

W. S. Fields

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #4 on: Feb 3 2009, 23:30 »

Hi Andreas,

I never could find anything about the Bass/Wells movie. I contacted Dick Bass once but did not get a reply and had not tried again.

If anybody has more info about this, I would love to know!

Cheers,
harry
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 22 queries.