7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 14th April: Base Camp  (Read 3884 times)

Chris Valentine

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 19
  • Webmaster for Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
    • Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
14th April: Base Camp
« on: Apr 14 2005, 14:58 »

Long and rather windy report this morning from Lorenzo at Base Camp. Travelled via the Friendship Highway via an old fortress which Lorenzo thought very reminiscent of Lord of the Rings! Fantastic views of all the peaks and Everest towering over them.

Still getting problems with messages being cut off - not sure if its weak reception or weak batteries.

Chris.
Webmaster for Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
KMi, The Open University
http://everest.open.ac.uk

ulster

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
  • I am too lazy too change this text!
Re: 14th April: Base Camp
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15 2005, 04:28 »

hi lynne patricia and noel richmond,greetings from a wet north belfast. great to hear news from the top of the world. the views look spectacular, beats the cavehill any day. best wishes for your attempt on the summit. god bless. ps ulster rugby have their own summit  to climb tomorrow night(friday) at ravenhill against llanelli heres hoping they show the same spirit as you both. take care .  love fred b.

MournesMan

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Live life and follow your dreams
Re: 14th April: Base Camp
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15 2005, 05:19 »

Chris

Thanks for passing on my previous message to the team - still dead envious that I'm not out there with them though!!

Good news of another audio blog from Lorenzo - I'm off to his site to have a listen!!
 :D

And just for other folks - if you haven't heard Lorenzo Gariano's "audio blogs" just check them out at the address below:

http://everest.open.ac.uk/sounds/list.php

Best wishes to the team as always,
Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.