7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 21st April: Advanced Base Camp and snowing  (Read 5650 times)

Chris Valentine

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 19
  • Webmaster for Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
    • Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
21st April: Advanced Base Camp and snowing
« on: Apr 21 2005, 16:20 »

A rather breathless report just now from Advanced Base Camp. Lots of hard work getting there. Interesting sounds coming from the glacier beneth them! Quite a few other teams around, but no camps set up above them yet.  May do a first climb to North Col in the next few days, weather permitting.

They are greatful for the messages of support you are posting on here. I'm sending them on to him via text message, which of course he can only pick up when the phone is on and he gets a satellite connection.

Chris.
« Last Edit: Apr 21 2005, 16:33 by Chris Valentine »
Webmaster for Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
KMi, The Open University
http://everest.open.ac.uk

annhall

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 2
  • I am too lazy too change this text!
Re: 21st April: Advanced Base Camp and snowing
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22 2005, 00:08 »

hi lynne and noel and all the others.listening to lorenzos report each day which keeps us all updated. Hope all is well with everyone.we are all thinking of you each day.love you loads ann and the whitehead crew.

Mary Clare Reinhardt

« Reply #2 on: Apr 22 2005, 00:22 »

Hi Chris

Thank you for the GREAT job you are doing keeping us all informed of this expedition.

Once again, best wishes for the Alpindustria Adventure Team and the 7 Summits Team.  I was happy to hear that a small lake was found for some pure drinking water.

One more comment...it was very sad that Sergey was injured and we all hope his foot will heal well and that he will be climbing again soon.  I wanted to say that Alex showed his true colors as a team leader by staying with Sergey in the hospital until he flew back to Russia.  That was great and says a lot about Alex's character.  I am sure he was anxious to re-join the expedtion.  It is good news that he is back leading the team.

Sincerely,
mc

P.S.  Lorenzo - excellant job on the blog for April 21st! 

Chris Valentine

• Scrambler
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22 2005, 02:22 »

I'm very relieved that the Thuraya phone is still working with them in the shadow of Everest - the satellite is over East Africa, so with them where they are now, there's a dirty great rock in the way! I just hope there's enough sun for Lorenzo to charge the batteries!

Chris.
KMi, The Open University

greg devlin

« Reply #4 on: Apr 22 2005, 02:33 »

For Lynne & Noel,

Hope everything is going well, I'm down here at sea level in Cyprus.
But thinking about you both.
Good Luck.
Regards,
Greg.

MournesMan

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Live life and follow your dreams
« Reply #5 on: Apr 22 2005, 06:49 »

Phew!!

At last, I'm eventually caught up.  Congrats to Lorenzo on an excellent blog of the 21st April - the breathlessness means it is getting more serious now.  Chris, please pass on my previous posts on the last 2 or 3 earlier topics and wish all the team the best of luck and the best of health.  I'd love to hear more of the glacier sounds Lorenzo - it must be an amazing experience, so unlike anything else.

Glad to hear that Alex is back and well done to the Russian members for being such great hosts - just ease up on the Vodka  ;)

Hopefully the technology will continue to function well.

Best wishes,
Colin

mc

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25 2005, 11:03 »

Hello to everyone...

I'll look forward to the latest news at advanced base camp.  I hope the weather is holding out.  Have some of the members started up to the North Col?

I am a song writer on the side and I started a song today that I am dedicating to this expedition.  It is called "Live your Dreams".

Once again, continued success!!!

Sincerely,
mc

Chris Valentine

• Scrambler
« Reply #7 on: Apr 25 2005, 18:26 »

At least three have now made a quick hop to the North Col - a couple over the weekend and Lorenzo yesterday. Lorenzo has just sent another report before going back down to BC himself.

Chris.
KMi, The Open University

MournesMan

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Live life and follow your dreams
« Reply #8 on: Apr 28 2005, 04:34 »

The expedition is certainly hotting up even if the temperature out there in the Himalya is not!!  Great stuff! Fantastic, wonderful, really exciting - I can't find enough words to describe the feeling of reading the reports on hear and then having them brought to life by Lorenzo's brilliant moving accounts of the day's climbing.

Keep it up and look after each other!

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 23 queries.