7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Mystical Land- Lorenzo Gariano  (Read 6896 times)

Romke

• The Wireless Biker
  • Administrator
  • Scrambler
  • Altitude: 1
  • Werr's me armchair?
    • All things Romke
The Mystical Land- Lorenzo Gariano
« on: Apr 27 2005, 22:14 »

As an antidote to my not always understood sense of humour, my client and climbing partner Lorenzo Gariano has written something more substantial, proving that not all braincells have to be removed before one starts thinking about climbing Everest. Obviously Lorenzo has a much better vocabulary and poetic view of life than I will ever achieve, which he displays in this gem of an observation about Tibet:

"The Mystical Land- Lorenzo Gariano

Monumental valleys shaped from endless time by earth wind and fire, Endless spaces, the colours of a cobalt blue sky on the highest plateau on earth, Old Medieval citadels, bastions of defiance on vertical rockfaces the inspiration perhaps of Lord of the Rings, Mountains that reach for the heavens, the highest in the World, Jagged ice pinnacles,
the purest of blue, reminiscent of huge sharks teeth ready to strike, then awesome glaciers, the reservoirs of Earth's water of life.

The beautiful people of this magical and visceral land. Still connected to mother Earth: Chomalonga herself and her seven universal sisters of the mountain. Faces sculpted by the elements of nature: espressive, joyous, genuine. Almost mummified to symbolyse a land that will live on forever unlike others.

This unique and mystical land is Tibet, a place that has transported and gripped us all with it's magic. A magical land that can never be China!! Wathever our ambitions of a lifetime challenge which lay in all our hearts and souls to summit the highest point of Earth, ambitions maybe that hold more western principals than Eastern, the memories of Tibet will forever live in some of us and hopefully make us better and humbler
beings."

With this story from his heart I leave you to think your own thoughts.
Tashi Dalai/Namaste from Chomolongma/ Sagarmatha/ Everest Basecamp,

Harry
www.7summits.com
« Last Edit: Apr 28 2005, 05:56 by Romke »

Mary Clare

Re: The Mystical Land- Lorenzo Gariano
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27 2005, 23:43 »

To Lorenzo

WOW...this piece was beautifully written, very powerful.  I will read it several more times to truly absorb it.  I especially loved the last paragraph.  You seem to have such an appreciation for life and beauty.  A real "zest for life".

Maybe you will write a book on your experiences climbing the seven summits?

Thank you for this "poem".

mc

MournesMan

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Live life and follow your dreams
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28 2005, 06:06 »

Simply fantastic Lorenzo!!

It holds no surprise for me though as I have detected through your audio blogs that eloquence of language that makes the experience so real when listening (even though I am 1000s of miles away.  The pictures must be absolutely stunning - your words and audio certainly conjure up tremendous visions in my own mind - visions unfortunately I can only dream about at this stage but yet inspiring enough to make me want to live the dream (even if I only manage to get to ABC and no higher).

Mary-Claire

I hope you manage to finish your song and it would be great if you could share it with us all somehow.

Best wishes as always and look after yourselves,
Colin

Mary Clare

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29 2005, 08:58 »

Hi Colin and "the team"
I have the chorus, 1st verse and what I call the interlude of my song "Live your Dreams".  I write my music with the lyrics and the melodies simultaneously.  So the words alone won't have the same impact as they would with the melody and all the instruments behind the lyrics.  Because this is a song, the words are more simple and not as thought provoking as say "Lorenzo's writings"!!!  I've only spent about 20 minutes on this song...it will need some "fine tuning"!  O.K... here goes.

LIVE YOUR DREAMS   by mc
Dedicated to the 7 Summits and the Alpindustria Adventure Teams

Live your dreams...it doesn't matter how hard it seems.  Climb to the top...just keep going and never stop.  See that light...let it guide you and don't lose sight.
And dream on...dream on...dream on...and shine.
Verse 1
Break loose from the chains that hold you back...and if there's a lock, turn the key.  Trust your intuition...and then maybe you will see.  That you can climb any mountain with passion.  You can truly shine.  Look up at the stars all around you.  And everything will align.......Live your Dreams.
Verse 2 (to come)
Interlude
The wind is harsh...the ice is slick.  Your head, it throbs and you feel sick.  (slight crescendo)  Your face is burned...your lips will peal.  Your eyes will blur...when will they heal.  (crescendo)  But soon you'll be on top on the world!  Top of the world!  (guitar riff)

That's it for now...
mc

Mary Clare

« Reply #4 on: Apr 30 2005, 08:31 »

Hello again...
I wrote the 2nd verse on my way to work this morning.  It will definitely need some "fine tuning".

Chorus
Live your dreams...it doesn't matter how hard it seems.  Climb to the top...just keep going and never stop.  See that light...let it guide you and don't lose sight.
And dream on...dream on... dream on...and shine.
Verse 2
In life there is risk so take a chance...and if you should fail, try again.  Keep things in perspective, success is around the bend.  And you can climb any mountain with passion.  You can truly shine.  Embrace shades of blue that surround you.  Collide with colors sublime......Live your dreams.

This song is for you too Colin.

Sincerely,
mc

Mary Clare

« Reply #5 on: May 2 2005, 05:30 »

O.K...I wrote the 3rd verse in the shower this morning.  Here goes...

Verse 3
Wake up from your dreams and make them real...and as you set sail, wave good-bye.  Sail into the sunset, your dreams will light up the sky.  And your can climb any mountain with passion.  You can truly shine.  The view from the top will astound you.  And you are free for all time.......Live your Dreams.

You won't get the true impact of this song without the melody and the instruments and I don't have the technology to get that across.  You will have to use your imaginations!

Here's to living our dreams,
mc

MournesMan

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Live life and follow your dreams
« Reply #6 on: May 4 2005, 04:39 »

Marie Claire

Thanks for your posts Marie Claire and for giving it to me also, as well as the team.
Truly wonderful lyrics and very inspiring - you should think about recording this.  I wish I could hear the melody - I'm sure it is just as good as the lyrics.

Your last post brought a smile to my face - I can almost imagine you there, in the shower, singing away and constructing those wonderful lyrics.  ;)  That's definitely how to start the working day  :D

Well done on your song - I hope the team on Everest are taking inspiration from those lyrics - it must be their song for Summit Day!

Colin

Mary Clare

« Reply #7 on: May 15 2005, 06:35 »

In light of the recent decision made by Noel and Lynn to depart from this expedition, due to Noel's eye condition, I've decided to revise the lyrics to the interlude of "Live your Dreams".  Since Noel and Lynn won't be on "top of the world"  this time around it seemed appropriate to change the words.  As incredibly difficult as this decision must have been, it seems likely that it was the "right" one.  This kind of decision takes as much courage and intelligence as climbing Mt. Everest itself.  My hat is off to Noel and Lynn and I wish them many more great adventures.

Revision of Interlude:

The wind is harsh, the ice is slick.  Your head it throbs and you feel sick.  It's hard to breath the cold thin air.  Another step...you're almost there.  And soon you'll be on top of the world...top of the world.

mc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 23 queries.