7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 29th April: Monks, bells and small, dark spaces  (Read 2963 times)

Chris Valentine

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 19
  • Webmaster for Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
    • Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog

Lunchtime report recevied this morning from Lorenzo in BC, still resting after his first 'rotation'. Visited a 'magic cave' and a Llama priest who kindly showed them around, testing Lorenzo's fear of enclosed spaces! Then went on to Rongbuk Monastery - probably the one featured in the last of Michael Palin's TV series on the Himalayas (that's currently being repeated on one of the Freeview channels in the UK).

On their return a blizzard descended coating the mountain, night temperatures descended to about -15 Deg.C. Goodness knows how cold it got at ABC and above. Neil at al still being treated by the doctor down on the border [but see Harry's report from today in another thread].

Chris.
« Last Edit: Apr 30 2005, 04:05 by Chris Valentine »
Webmaster for Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
KMi, The Open University
http://everest.open.ac.uk

Mary Clare

Re: 29th April: Monks, bells and small, dark spaces
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29 2005, 23:09 »

I love the sense of adventure of the team.  It seems Lorenzo takes advantage of the amazing sights that this "magic" place called "The Himalayan's" has to offer!

I sincerely hope that Noel's eyes will get better quickly so he will be able to continue his climb with the "team".  I am happy to hear he is back at base camp.  Good news!

Take care everyone,
mc

mc

Re: 29th April: Monks, bells and small, dark spaces
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29 2005, 23:57 »

Chris

I misread your message regarding Noel.  It sounds like he will be back at BC tomorrow.  I hope Lynn and Noel will be back and ready for part (2) of this expedition!  Best wishes for them.

Sincerely,
mc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.