7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 29th April:  (Read 3125 times)

Romke

• The Wireless Biker
  • Administrator
  • Scrambler
  • Altitude: 1
  • Werr's me armchair?
    • All things Romke
29th April:
« on: May 1 2005, 02:56 »

Today is friday the 29th, besides the kitchen staff Chandra & Nima only 4 people are left in BC: Lorenzo, Robert, Nate and myself. If Lynne and Noel do return tomorrow the 30th, we will go up to middle camp on sunday may 1st.

Meanwhile the rest is at ABC where 5 people have gone up today to stay at north col, still very windy and in fact it just started snowing again in basecamp.

Yesterday morning at 07.00 Noel & Lynne left with Andrey the Doc to Zhangmu at the Nepali border to find a doctor and to see if the lower barometric pressure would help Noels eyesight.
His situation has not changed much, they will be coming back to BC tomorrow afternoon, saturday the 30th.

Yesterday Lorenzo, Nate and I had a very interesting afternoon filled with magic caves, wise men showing us the way through a very dark and dangerous cave, a cold snow storm and a ride back to BC at the back of a motorcycle.
It was very much like being in a Lord of the Rings book, see my romanticised full 'report' at the bottom for those who are interested :-)

I am feeling quite ok, though tired from doing barely nothing. Still a light cold, but in good spirits. Enjoyed yesterday though and am looking forward to climbing back up again.

I wish everybody in the Netherlands a great 'koninginnenach/dag' tonight and tomorrow,drink one on us!
I am off to the sauna now, this is Harry signing off , All the best from a cold Basecamp in wonderful tibet!

Song of the day, melancholy friday:
Barry Manilow - Mandy
"Caught up in a world of uphill climbing, tears are in my mind and nothing is rhyming"

mc

Re: 29th April:
« Reply #1 on: May 2 2005, 05:40 »

Hi Harry

Just a quick note to let you know that your "writings" are VERY much appreciated.  I just printed out your "Waking up in a fairytale, the quest for an unknown destination".  I can't wait to read it.

mc

P.S. I love your "songs of the day"!!!

MournesMan

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Live life and follow your dreams
Re: 29th April:
« Reply #2 on: May 4 2005, 05:25 »

Harry

Glad to read this post - clearly you have not lost your mind  :D

Great song - one of my favourites from Manilow - though a little surprised at your choice.  You strike as the kind of guy who would listen to heavy rock, garage or some other sort of wild music.  Nice to see you have a mellow, romantic side lol  8)

Hope life's treating you well Mary Claire - take care composing songs in that shower in case you are late for work!!  :D

Best wishes, Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.