7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6th May: White out conditions and caught by snow slide!  (Read 4191 times)

Kevin Quick

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 15
    • Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog

Dramatic report from Lorenzo -yesterday he adavanced toward camp 2, reaching about 7200m, but the weather deteriorated to a white out, so he returned to the the North Col only to find he had to dig out the tent. He slept very well but awoke to probably 3 feet of fresh snow.

The weather conditions are such that he thought it best to get down to ABC as early as possible. On the way down he was caught up in a snow slide but managed to get out being only being buried to his waist. He is now back at ABC and is looking forward to joining the others at the Base Camp
Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
KMi, The Open University
http://everest.open.ac.uk

Lynne

Message for Lorenzo

Heart in mouth as I read this recent report.  Guess your determined to come back fit for your dance lesson.  The most you can sustain with dance moves is a twisted ankle, although not a good injury for a climber. 

Glad to hear your on the way back to base camp, hopefully they have saved you some of the Italian wine you missed.

Hugs
Lynne

karen kerr

Hello
« Reply #2 on: May 6 2005, 21:13 »

Hi Lynne and Noel,
Heard you on the radio today - it was really good -clear as a bell!
We are willing you both on every step of the way-hope you are having the time of your life. 
Unfortunately I dont have as exciting a life as you two have so I'm off to Tesco to get the shopping!!!!
Lots of love to you
Karen, Vince and Elliott xoxo

MournesMan

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Live life and follow your dreams

Yes Karen

Like yourself, Tesco is about the height of excitement for me too this week  :(
Which radio station were Noel and Lynne speaking to?  (Damn I missed it!!)

Can someone please give me the address of their website - I think I asked before.  I'd like to see any pictures they might have posted of Everest and the expedition in general and also hear audio reports if they've managed to get hold of a sat phone.

Gosh Lorenzo, sounds like you had a narrow escape - was it an avalanche.

Best wishes
Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 23 queries.